Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Shaw Direct Satellite (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-shaw-direct-satellite/)
-   -   Shaw Direct 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-shaw-direct-satellite/149843-shaw-direct-2012-programming-packages-pricing-discussion.html)

hugh 2012-01-01 04:16 PM

Shaw Direct 2012 programming packages and pricing discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss Shaw Direct programming packages, pricing and offerings.

Replaces Shaw Direct 2011 programming packages and pricing discussion

dhduff 2012-02-01 11:06 PM

Digital Indulgence Lite

Does anyone have the list of channels included in the Digital Indulgence/Digital Indulgence Lite packages?

vitesse 2012-02-22 03:51 PM

Someone know if we can get hd extra channel without subscribing to their Standard definition version?

I don't have an SD receiver so i'm not interested at all in the SD version. In fact I'm only interested in Oasis, Discovery World and History television.

Getting this 3 channel would be quite expensive if I need their SD version :(

QCK 2012-02-23 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 1389539)
In fact I'm only interested in Oasis, Discovery World and History television.

You can get the HD Extra package for $6.08/month. It includes the three channels you mentioned as well as a few more and you do not need to have the SD versions of them.

classicsat 2012-02-23 08:52 AM

I think History is one that requires its SD version.

I took Shaw op on their HD Extra promotion, and amongst other things, am getting AMC-HD.

ShawDirect_Jess 2012-02-23 11:13 AM

Quote:

Someone know if we can get hd extra channel without subscribing to their Standard definition version?
You do not have to subscribe to the SD channels to receive the HD Extra package.

Jessica - Shaw Direct employee

smp01 2012-02-23 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QCK (Post 1389714)
You can get the HD Extra package for $6.08/month. It includes the three channels you mentioned as well as a few more and you do not need to have the SD versions of them.

I believe all HD packs are 50% off for 6 months, available to all. So the HD Extra is only $3.04. Maybe the promo is over but the offer page is still active

http://www.shawdirect.ca/promotions/..._id=m1_HDOffer

vitesse 2012-02-23 06:20 PM

That's great news. I got their HD extra package with a second HD receiver. No one told me of their 50% promotion, so maybe this is not active anymore.

Thanks for your answer.

cableredneck 2012-02-25 04:31 PM

We subscribe to Digital indulgence Lit, but I do not know how to post the line-up here for you. Unfortunatley Shaw Direct does not post either line-up on their website.

gzink 2012-02-25 08:14 PM

I don't believe Shaw. Direct should make sweeping statements. I was refused HD Extra or Sports with digital ind. Lite or whatever they are calling my low end service.
They absolutely refused. To get it would have been approx $30 more.

dhduff 2012-02-26 12:02 AM

Can you still get the Digital Indulgence Lite package?

Installer 2012-02-26 07:23 AM

I know i'm still offering it to new customers.

ShawDirect_Jess 2012-02-27 10:23 AM

Quote:

I was refused HD Extra or Sports with digital ind. Lite
You probably have the Digital Lite package, not Digital Indulgence Lite. You cannot add anything to the Digital Lite package but you can with the Digital Indulgence Lite.

Jessica - Shaw Direct Employee

cableredneck 2012-02-27 12:27 PM

You could phone up Shaw Direct and see if they are still offering Digital Indulgence and Digital Indulgence Lite. They will also tell you what channels are in the packages. They are pretty much the same except that Digital Indulgence Lite has fewer sports channels and there are some other channels that are not included. We started with Digital Indulgence and downgrade to Digital Indulgence Lite.

gzink 2012-02-29 04:51 AM

Well I stand corrected. Guess I have digital lite. Hard to keep things straight when DL. DIL. And DI aren't packages on the web site. :p