Shaw Gateway: Issues & fixes
PLEASE NOTE — The original list in this post has been superseded by a code fix.
See updates in Post #15 of this thread.
• • •
This list is a compilation of issues culled from the main Shaw Gateway discussion thread.
They apply to the ORIGINAL iS1 CODE, which has since been updated.
(With thanks for some help from forum member Jetranger.)
• User guide included with the installation is not as useful as the downloadable guide from Shaw's website.
• Ethernet ports are currently disabled.
• Content sharing with non-portal devices disabled.
• Expanders will work but only Shaw ones are supported. Others work up to 6TB.
• Remote controls cannot be paired with portals.
• No IR repeater system. IR blaster system disabled.
• No option to set up reminders.
• No video zoom options available.
• No exit button on remote.
• Recordings sort alphabetically only.
• User interface doesn't always respond immediately to commands.
• Gateway and/or portals requires occasional reboot.
• Occasional error that causes Gateway to show "Not authorized" even on subscribed channels.
• Issue with timer recording priority, when scheduled recordings overlap.
• Spontaneous/random deletion of programs in folders — sometimes entire folders.
• Recordings sometime delete themselves after viewing, when you reach the end.
• Mass deletion not possible above a certain number of episodes.
• Deleting a TV show you are watching will not always stop playback.
• Occasional issues with ordering VOD and/or PPV programs.
• Screen will occasionally go grey or suffer from severe macroblocking.
• TVs connected with component cables will sometimes experience "green screen"
• Video may freeze occasionally, as often as once every half-hour.
• Occasional audio sync issues.
• Resuming paused program in another room not smooth when watching live TV.
• Skip FWD button doesn't always work as intended.
• The gateway has been reported to generate a significant amount of noise, due to hard drive and cooling mechanism. However, such reports are inconsistent.
• Some portals have been known to overheat.
• Portals generate significant interference to reception of AM radio within about 1 metre.
• The gateway will randomly allocate recordings to internal hard drive and external hard drive when both are installed.
• Difficult to see only subscribed channels in guide.
• Galaxie music channels only show song titles
• Gateway is probably capable of call display for Shaw Phones but this feature hasn't been programmed yet.
• All outputs on portals are active and available for concurrent use.
Previous roundup of bugs/interface issues
This is not meant to be a discussion thread — just a list of issues for quick consultation. If you have an issue that you think needs to be added to the list, please leave a quick reply here. I'll amend the main list with your replies from time to time. If you wish to discuss a problem, please see one of the links below.
WHERE TO DISCUSS
Main discussion thread (after April 2012 firmware update)
Adding external drives
Gateway promotions (new subs only)
Wait times for Gateway support
If these threads do not cover your topic, you are welcome to start a new thread within the Shaw HDPVR forum.
Unable to change the front panel to show the channel number.
Here's another one I've seen a few times in the last few days. Total lost of audio on the portal, fixed by a reboot.
Portals crash at least one while watching a recorded show.
Clock is 1-2 minutes behind "real time" (such as Rogers cell phone time, or internet time clock, university's atomic clocks, etc.).
Causes recorded shows to miss first 1-2 minutes.
Can't see any way to manually adjust the clock.
Reboots only set clock back to incorrect time (maybe shaw time server incorrect and not a gateway problem?)
Well then maybe re-written... as written is states that the portal will crash at least once every time you watch a recording, and personally I've never had it happen to me.
When you edit the channel list, entire blocks of selected channels are missing from guide. Also, sometimes guide will not refresh leaving the guide entirely blank!!
Channels getting closed due to "inactivity"?
After listening to a Galaxie music channel for a few (3+??) hours the channel seems to be dropped - no music. As I don't have my TV on (since I'm only listening to the Galaxie audio) I don't know if there's a explanatory message on screen. Perhaps this is related to earlier complaint from someone who tried to watch a golf channel all day only to have the Gateway drop the channel after a few hours because of "lack of activity"?
"Lack of activity" seems an odd reason for closing a channel.
Yes, that's the ~3hour lack of activity message that's shutting down the tuner if you don't use the remote for a period of time. You have to hit "ok" or something to keep the channel/tuner active or it frees it up after 15 minutes.
Forgot to mention that when you try and edit the channel list, the portal will reboot. Every time!.
Shaw Gateway: Code iS2 update — fixes and issues
First of all thank you Gateway owners for your valued feedback here at Digital Home. It is really appreciated!
The Shaw and Arris folks have been hard at work and here we have the first of many updates in improving functionality and adding new features that the hardware is capable of.
Hardware and Client Version (Current -> Target)
Gateway MG5225G - 220.127.116.11G5BR-P.337093 > 18.104.22.168G5BR-P.340684
Total Home Portal - 22.214.171.124X5R-P.337093 > 126.96.36.199X5R-P.340684
The update should be deployed roughly between 2AM and 6AM local time.
Fixes and Enhancements
Customer Impact - Updating
The best way to tell if the update is activate on your hardware is to pause Live TV and press Fast Forward. With this update "Slow Motion FFW" was activated. Therefore one would see the ability to step forward now.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.