Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   OTA Station & Network Operational Status (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/220-ota-station-network-operational-status/)
-   -   OTA Station Status: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northern Ontario (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/220-ota-station-network-operational-status/144886-ota-station-status-manitoba-saskatchewan-northern-ontario.html)

downbeat 2011-09-04 09:26 AM

OTA Station Status: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northern Ontario

This thread is for reporting the operational status of television stations and networks in Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and neighbouring regions of Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan.
Please do not post reception reports here. Instead, use the following reception threads.

Manitoba and Saskatchewan
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=33078

Northern Ontario
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=36747

SfIsHeR 2011-09-04 01:08 PM

CTV Winnipeg (7-1)

I have read somewhere that someone called CTV Winnipeg's operations department and found out that due to technical difficulties, their digital transmitter wasn't at full power. I am in East Kildonan, using a basic UHF/VHF antenna, can get all stations except CTV, anyone know if this is what is happening, or an ETA when this may be resolved?

Reed Solomon 2011-09-05 12:09 AM

Theres no ETA. I'd assume at least until after Labour Day weekend.

builder112 2011-09-07 02:38 PM

CBC-DT delayed until Sept. 30th

I thought it would be good to reference this news from the reception results thread here. IMHO -- it is currently the biggest operational status news in the area.

Let's hope they are going to make that Sept 30th deadline. There are going to be a lot of upset people if they have to watch the Oct. 9th season opener of the Jets in analog :)

SfIsHeR 2011-09-08 09:26 AM

CKY-DT finally boost power?

It appears that CKY-DT has has finally boosted their power, last night I was watching the signal meter on my TV (I am in east kildonan), and it was bouncing up and down between 25% and 50% (I am assuming this was then working in their transmitter)... then finally settled at 50% which brings in a nice clear picture. This morning when I checked, it was still coming in at 50%, this is totally awesome!

SfIsHeR 2011-09-08 09:51 PM

Spoke too soon

I lost the signal again :confused:

sleepdirt 2011-09-24 05:44 PM

Cbc Winnipeg

Does anybody know if cbwt/cbwft will convert by sept 30? Checked today and no sign of the digital antennas on top of one lombard.

painter 2011-09-24 09:24 PM

Why is CBC,Regina 9-1 not showing a 16x9 picture? When it first converted it was doing it. (local news etc.) All other channels in Regina are showing 16x9 HD.

OddyOh 2011-09-24 09:32 PM

CBKT SD

Yeah, I'm seeing that too...CBC Regina is showing the leafs in 4x3 in a 720p feed...the audio is also stereo, but in a 5.1 container. I hope this is merely an error, and not a sign of things to come this season. :eek:

I emailed the CBC on their Contact page, just to make them aware, I don't expect a reply.

I can forgive preseason hockey I suppose, very curious to see if the Vancouver game is SD as well. If this is what I have to look forward to this year, I will not be impressed. :rolleyes:

Reed Solomon 2011-09-24 10:47 PM

If CBWT are not up and running by October 9th (Jets first game) they're in for a lot of very angry letters. I've heard nothing yet stating any further delays, however.

centracore 2011-09-28 06:25 PM

Is CBC broadcasting 4:3 on the 720p signal everywhere in Canada or is that just something wrong locally? I was really hoping to get 16:9 for Hockey Night in Canada!

Jase88 2011-09-28 08:58 PM

centracore, in the CBC/SRC Post Transition Station Status thread, there has been some discussion regarding the 4:3 issue with some transmitters.

Apparently this problem is temporary, and the CBC/SRC is working on a solution.

To answer your question, not all CBC transmitters are impacted by this problem.

builder112 2011-09-29 12:05 AM

will CBC-DT make the Sept.30th date in Winnipeg?

I've seen some comments in the reception results forum for Winnipeg that make me nervous that they aren't going to make it. Does anyone know if there have been any official updates?

doctorzero 2011-09-29 02:33 PM

CBWT Winnipeg digital transition delayed again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reed Solomon (Post 1326938)
If CBWT are not up and running by October 9th (Jets first game) they're in for a lot of very angry letters. I've heard nothing yet stating any further delays, however.

They had better prepare for the possibility of angry letters. CBC Manitoba tweeted today that "the installation of CBC and Radio-Canada’s new DTV transmitters in Winnipeg has been further delayed until October".

That might be to the advantage of a few rural Manitobans, though, whose current CBC analog signal will be replaced with a much weaker or non-existent digital signal.

builder112 2011-09-29 03:15 PM

CBC-DT in Winnipeg delayed again ????

Here we go again. From the reception results thread:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...&postcount=718
I'm disappointed I'm not going to see the Oct. 9th Jets game in HD.

Although according to all the talk on the CBC/SRC DTV Post-Transition Status thread, it seems CBC is having issues all over the country. I suppose Winnipeg is delaying the transition to avoid everything that is going on in other markets who have already transistioned?