Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   SiriusXM Satellite Radio (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/87-siriusxm-satellite-radio/)
-   -   SiriusXM Canada Pricing Discussions (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/87-siriusxm-satellite-radio/137387-siriusxm-canada-pricing-discussions.html)

amd64now 2011-03-01 08:33 AM

SiriusXM Canada Pricing Discussions

Just wanted to post what I got for a renewal which was due.

I called and said I want to cancel:

Offer 1: $134.00 for the year and I said no.

The rep said she would look to see if some other deal

Offer 2: $53.00 for six months and I said no, I would rather pay for the
year with a lower cost.

The rep said hold on the phone and see what she could do.

Offer 3: $89.94 + tax for the year. Took it.

Nice representative. I have XM canada also and always seem to get a
better yearly renewal with Sirius. Always nice to deal with east coast representatives. :)

hugh 2011-03-01 08:39 AM

$7.50 a month is quite good.

amd64now 2011-03-01 08:58 AM

Yes, I think so too. I don't think this will be the case after the merger as your articles and posts have suggested.

BCScott 2011-03-01 11:40 AM

I really think this (around $100/yr) is the sweet spot.

nufan 2011-03-01 03:16 PM

That is a good price, and the EXACT same price I paid for my renewal last year, down to the penny. So its obvious they have preset amounts they can offer. I think it came out to just under $107 with taxes and canadian royalty bs so closer to $8.90 per month everything said and done. Last year my bargaining was genuinly not knowing if I wanted to resign with the Stern unncertainty. Not sure what my excuse will be this year :) I suspect I'll have to cancel for a while and hope they come through with a similar offer. I'm not too sure they're keen on too many back to back retention deals.

amd64now 2011-03-01 08:24 PM

I think you will be good. My retention was the same the previous year.

UniformOscar 2011-03-05 07:41 PM

I cancelled my Sirius Canada subscription last fall and they offered me two months free before they said they were going to cut off my service. I'm still waiting for them to cut it off.

Davee 2011-03-08 09:51 AM

Still good

Today I called --1'st rep says 3 months @$45 for renewal or ~$164/year
I explained I know there are better deals out there & I will cancel if thats the best they can do. Got passed to retention rep. Indicating I have extended several times in the past & I want good 1 year deal & iIknow of recent $89.94 deals . No argument or BS - "If thats what you want I'll give it to you" Even got $4 credit for remainder of current deal.
:)

Panache70 2011-03-08 01:49 PM

Does your $89.94 deal include taxes and royalty fees?

Neild 2011-03-12 01:56 AM

I got one of their renewal specials, something like $20 for 4 months.

But they said the only way they could get it into their system was to also select a 'follow on' plan, which was a year at some stupid high price.

I said forget it, but the rep said I can call before the 'follow on' plan kicks in and cancel.

That's certainly what I'll do because there's no way I'll pay their list prices. Has anyone done this, got any advice?

amd64now 2011-03-12 07:17 AM

You could try calling in and setting up the cancellation now before your promotion ends. I think you may then be able to get a yearly retention deal. Aim for the $89.94 + tax.

I had a month left before I renewed and I got the credit towards the $89.94 deal. So maybe your current credit would count towards it.

Davee 2011-03-12 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amd64now (Post 1233993)
You could try calling in and setting up the cancellation now before your promotion ends. I think you may then be able to get a yearly retention deal. Aim for the $89.94 + tax.

I had a month left before I renewed and I got the credit towards the $89.94 deal. So maybe your current credit would count towards it.

This is what I did to get it with about 10 days left in old plan see my earlier post

Jords1981 2011-03-22 04:24 PM

My yearly subscription was up today. I was on a promo code I had gotten off of this site last year that was $75 plus the government fee's and taxes. I got my renewal last month and they were offering me $164.89 plus fee's and taxes.

Call them up today, say I'm cancelling because its too expensive. I'm immediately offered the same deal I have now, plus I can pay for it in two instalments if I wish. Apparently this deal was only available for another week (I call bs).

Bottom line, they'll deal, and you can easily get it for under $100 a year.

hugh 2011-03-22 06:14 PM

I wonder what percentage of people push for a reduced rate. I guess if the percentage is not too big, Sirius figures 50% of rack rate is better than nothing.

Jords1981 2011-03-22 09:02 PM

Hugh I wonder the same thing. My wife worked for Telus Mobility for several years when we were in university and she always said not many people realize that you can call retentions and get much better than list deals. That's how they make money, off of people paying the face rates for products. I'm sure Sirius is the same.