Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Bell Fibe TV (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-bell-fibe-tv/)
-   -   Searching and navigating through the guide (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-bell-fibe-tv/135745-searching-navigating-through-guide.html)

torontod 2011-01-24 08:34 PM

Searching and navigating through the guide

I am new to Fibe TV and I had a question about the program search feature. I noticed that the search results are only showing me 2 days (today and tomorrow) of results. I was expecting the search to provide results for the next 14 days. Is there a setting I'm missing that would provide more search results or is this a limitation of the search feature?

I was trying to record a show on Thursday and I was not able to use search to find it. I had to scroll through the guide until I got to Thursday and record the show from there. Is there a faster way to move the guide to a specific date? This was a feature I used a fair bit on Rogers.

WIll_TO 2011-01-24 09:41 PM

When in guide mode press "enter/zoom" (the bottom right button on your remote):

This should open a sidebar that says "Guide Options" with three submenus, one of which is "Guide View" (default) and there you'll see a 'Jump to' with 14 days in advance.

The button seems really mislabeled to me, but that bottom right "enter" button is also useful as it contains the aspect ratio setting when you're in regular TV watching mode.

WIll_TO 2011-01-24 09:43 PM

As a quick second thought: the search feature should also search through all available programming... If you are VERY new to Fibe (like did you just get it today?) maybe it hasn't downloaded yet, but I thought they all downloaded at once, either all or nothing... not sure why the search isn't going all the through the available data.

Dr.Dave 2011-01-24 10:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Search only lists the first 20 episodes of a show, so if it repeats several times a day, you may only see 2 days.

You can advance a day at a time in the guide by pressing the FF button.

secotton 2011-01-25 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Dave (Post 1211694)
Search only lists the first 20 episodes of a show, so if it repeats several times a day, you may only see 2 days.

You can advance a day at a time in the guide by pressing the FF button.

That's awesome! I just learned a new trick. Thanks.

torontod 2011-01-26 07:50 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I do notice I get more days (a full 2 weeks now) in my search results so perhaps it took a while to load/index the guide.

The "Enter" button answered my other question, excellent!