Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Cogeco (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/66-cogeco/)
-   -   Pace RNG200N HD PVR Owners discussion thread (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/66-cogeco/132093-pace-rng200n-hd-pvr-owners-discussion-thread.html)

DavidT 2010-11-08 03:05 PM

Great numbers :) Still odd that it uses 17W in Standby though. All it should be doing in Standby is checking for scheduled recordings to wake up for.

profets 2010-11-08 03:10 PM

Looks good, going to try picking up one myself too. I wonder if Oakville Place is safest bet to find one?

57 2010-11-08 03:21 PM

There were two threads on the same product and I've merged those threads. I will delete any duplicate/unnecessary comments.

jimmycooper 2010-11-08 05:28 PM

Still no luck with this new unit. I have booked a service call for Friday.the last csr stated that the unit for some reson is not locking in on the signal. I will keep you all posted to the outcome

sailmaker 2010-11-09 10:46 AM

OOOH, maybe finally I can exchange the 777D for this new unit. Biggest hurdle is convincing my wife to forego her saved programs and start fresh. It took a few weeks from first Pace install last June before the disk full screen of death showed up, then began popping up about once every 8 or 9 days. Is this new Pace still too new to pass with flying colours? sailmaker

Lexy 2010-11-11 11:47 AM

My 6208 finally died last night, so I went down to the Burlington store this morning determined to pick up an RNG200N. They had them, but the girl at the counter strongly discouraged me from getting one, said people are having trouble activating them, and more than likely I would too. "I have a stack of them that have been returned". I assume it's the same issue jimmycooper is having. I walked out with a 6416 instead. I really hope they're able to get this issue resolved, because the RNG200N looks like a nice little box compared to the old Motorola beasts.

aceofhertz 2010-11-11 12:30 PM

Hey jimmycooper,

Did you ever have problems accessing VOD material? If your DCT isn't locking on and downloading the firmware, the OOB SNR may be weak. Hopefully the technician will be able to fix it for you tomorrow.

If you've swapped the DCT 3 times and still come up with the same issue, it's gotta be the IB/OOB.

profets 2010-11-11 12:50 PM

Just picked up the RNG200n from Limeridge. going to pull out the huge 6416 which i've been wanting to get rid of for a while, and try out the new one tonight.

jimmycooper 2010-11-11 07:17 PM

Patiently waiting for tomorrow for the tech. Will report back asap

travisc 2010-11-12 01:19 PM

I could be wrong on this, but I believe this unit might be capable of networking throughout the house. Comcast mentioned in a blog that it will work with their AnyRoom service. But you guys are right, information about this thing is hard to come by.

jpaik 2010-11-12 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travisc (Post 1178587)
I could be wrong on this, but I believe this unit might be capable of networking throughout the house....

If this true, Cogeco will pull it from the storefronts immediately. If something can't be monetized, it won't make it to us subscribers. :rolleyes:

DavidT 2010-11-12 02:54 PM

I was just thinking that the other day...

- Brand new 500GB PVR (plenty of space to be a central PVR)
- Brand new HD receivers

Maybe Cogeco is planning something? Who knows, but it would be nice.

@jpaik: It would have to be enabled with new firmware anyways.

Edit: Bingo! The RNG200N is up on Pace's website finally http://www.pace.com/global/products-...ducts/rng200n/

"fully integrated MoCA 1.1 for home content sharing and Multiroom DVR functionality"

+1 Hope :D

Edit 2: Bah! The DC550D is up as well http://www.pace.com/global/products-...oducts/dc550d/

No MoCA support.

-1 Hope :(

jimmycooper 2010-11-12 03:45 PM

update, the cogeco service tech has left. I'm back to a old motto box.

Apparently they are having allot of problems with these boxes. He claims that they will not be releasing anymore of these, it is believed that there is what he thinks a "firmware problem". So after a week and few days I'm back to where i started but with a box that has none of my past recordings on it.

Your Thoughts ??

profets 2010-11-12 08:06 PM

that really sucks... i have the rng200n, but have barely been home. going to plug it in tomorrow and give it a try.

mtmouse 2010-11-13 09:27 AM

I picked mine up yesterday. It took almost an hour to download the software update. Nothing seemed to happen for a while after that, so I called tech support. Tech support did a reboot from their end. It took about another half hour to download all my channels before it was up and running.

No problems with it all night.