Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/)
-   Smartphone and Tablet Computing including Android, Blackberry and iOS devices (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/76-smartphone-tablet-computing-including-android-blackberry-ios-devices/)
-   -   Nifty applets for Android (https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/76-smartphone-tablet-computing-including-android-blackberry-ios-devices/127372-nifty-applets-android.html)

BGY11 2010-11-23 10:27 PM

Are you using OGG files or MP3s? OGG files do play gapless, while there would always be a delay with MP3 files. While my Galaxy S has a custom music player, I noticed on several Android forums that even the stock player wouldn't do it).

JamesK 2010-11-23 11:13 PM

^^^^
The standard "Music" player plays both MP3s and Oggs on my Nexus One.

recneps77 2010-11-24 12:41 PM

I havent used OGGs, but MP3s are indeed gapless (N1 music player)

eimaj 2010-12-21 11:17 AM

Ninjump

Great Little game and stupidly addictive. You are a little ninja jumping from wall to wall trying avoid being killed by birds, squirrels and other little ninja's and their throwing stars or dynamite. If you take out three of any, you get a boost and zoom up the screen. Very Fun!!!

eimaj 2010-12-22 05:28 PM

Hero of Sparta FREE for Android!!!

All you have to do is go to gameloft.com on your phone, download their free "100% HD games" bookmark and then you can get Hero of Sparta for free. Cool little game!!!

tgreg 2010-12-23 02:37 PM

I've been playing Lettered - cool little word game that is made specifically for handhelds (a key part of the gameplay is rotating the device & making the letters fall to the bottom of the screen).

eimaj 2010-12-28 10:15 AM

Need for Speed Shift is only $0.99. DL'd it yesterday, great little racing game for a buck!!!

ctown6412 2011-01-03 07:51 PM

My current must haves for my day to day use and play/stress release are in no particular order

app brain
ip cam viewer
android vnc viewer
mixzing
big oven
evernote
hi msn
google translate
paypal app
shake uninstal
wheres my droid
gmote
my paper airplane
flying aces
angry birds
air attack
duck hunter
flashlight

polaris 2011-01-05 07:17 PM

Pulse (gets me reading RSS which I have normally hated)
redditisfun
Plume - twitter app
NHL app
Springpad - note syncing
Handscent - SMS replacement
Screen Filter - night time screen dimmer
AudioGuru - automatically changes audio levels based on time of day using profiles
Brightness Level - widget wickly lets you change screen brightness
PowerAMP - best audio player so far. Take if from a music junkie.
iSyncr - syncs iTunes library back and forth, so I can keep on using smart playlists based on ratings. Havent found another way to make that work.

Archangel 2011-01-06 05:49 PM

For me:

Apps
SetCPU
Root Explorer
Titanium Backup Pro
ShootMe

Games
Robo Defense
Fruit Ninja
MineSweeper (Classic)

TKG26 2011-01-10 08:59 PM

In an effort to reduce my bills i dropped my caller ID. :(

Does anyone recommend a CALLER ID app as an alternative?

BGY11 2011-01-10 09:59 PM

I don't think a caller ID app will work if you don't subscribe to Caller ID on your plan.

Fonceur 2011-01-11 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKG26 (Post 1204481)
In an effort to reduce my bills i dropped my caller ID. :(

Does anyone recommend a CALLER ID app as an alternative?

You told them to close the valve, you can change the plumbing on your end, you still won't get any water with the valve closed... ;)

TKG26 2011-01-13 12:21 PM

ya i know. i can live with it. We know who is texting us, so i just wonder if there was a work around app for caller id,

eimaj 2011-02-11 02:21 PM

Dolphin Browsers mini and hd can now play flash videos. I was surprised and very happy to see this when I touched on ign daily fix hosted buy the hot Jessica Chobot and it loaded up and played.