Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: Power Adaptor for Paris France Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
2014-12-02 06:56 PM
Wetware Thanks, did some further Googling and I think I got it all figured out.
2014-12-02 12:46 PM
toy187 Yeah, most power supplies nowadays are auto-switching but it still a good idea to make sure as my wife has once borked her camera when plugging it in without a proper converter (her camera charger was not auto-switching).

Sometimes the power supplies are not auto-switching but do have a switch on the side to manually change it.

If not using such a power supply then you will also need a power converter.
2014-12-02 05:49 AM
timlocke 90% of laptops have power supplies that can accept anything between 110 and 240V. My Lenovo does. But you should check yours. I believe the standard iPad charger does as well...mine does. In which case all you need is a simple 2 pin round to US 2 flat adapter and you are ok.
2014-12-01 11:42 PM
Wetware I was on the first link before and this kind of confused me.

Note that once the flat adapter is inserted into the French outlet/point, you can insert either a North American flat-prong plug, or a traditional European round-prong plug into the flat adapter.
In rereading, I guess you plug the two prongs of the cord into the flat adapter and the third prong simply bypasses the adapter.

In addition, I'm not sure if the USB port on my laptop will charge my iPad so I may need a power converter in addition to an adapter.
2014-12-01 10:36 PM
57 For most of Europe you can use a two-prong round adapter. Make sure that the power supply you plug into the adapter accepts 220V. You can then charge other devices via USB from your computer.

A web search for electrical adapters should come up with something...
2014-12-01 10:31 PM
Power Adaptor for Paris France

I just found out that I have to fly to Paris this Saturday.

Can someone tell me what type of power adaptor I need to buy for my laptop?

In some brief reading, I see that France has its own unique plugs. Will the adaptor I use for my laptop be used to charge my iPad / iPhone? or do I need something else?

Also any recommendations on where to buy in Toronto?

thanks in advance

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome