Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - NB, NS, PE, NL - Atlantic Provinces - OTA

View Single Post
post #68 of (permalink) Old 2009-05-28, 05:12 PM
Blackburst

I'm not sure what type of antenna you would need, since as of June 12th, the two stations in Presque Isle, ME will be transmitting on VHF. I know that you can stack, or combine two antennas to increase your range. But, I'm no expert. The guy who can probably answer all your questions is Stampeder.

But, I do suggest you e-mail WAGM & WMEM (Maine PBS). Tell them your location. See what they say.

I did some checking up. Currently WAGM-DT 16 is transmitting at 3 kw. That is very low for UHF. As of June 12th, they are suppose to return to Channel 8, and transmit at 6.9 kw. Much better. But, can this signal reach where you are without the digital cliff effect happening. Not sure.

I'm in the Montreal area, and I can tell you that lots of folks in this area pick up the phone, or e-mail the border stations in Vermont, and upstate NY. Some have responded with increase of power such as WCAX-DT which will increase it's power in August. There are three other stations in the area that have also applied to increase their power (WCFE-DT, WNPI-DT, WPBS-DT). So, I do suggets you e-mail the Presque Isle stations, and let them know your location, and that you want to receive their signals.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome