Evidently it is now possible to use the Hauppauge HD-PVR in Media Center!
It involves using a third party application, DVBLogic, which will allow the HD-PVR to display and record channels from your HD set top box within Media Center and even use the EPG. Apparently it even works with the Xbox 360 as an extender.
From the link:
We are proud to announce the release of the first solution providing integration of Hauppuage's HD-PVR into Media Center.
Here are a list of features supported by DVBSBridge for HDPVR:
- High-Definition H.264 Video with AC3 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound
- Set-top box control from Media Center using HD-PVR's integrated IR Blaster or any MCE-compatible IR blaster
- EPG (TV Guide) support using an external XMLTV file (through EIT packets)
- Channel configuration imports from an XMLTV file
- Set-top box remote control key learning (requires a MCE-Compatible IR Receiver)
- All the goods that Windows Media Center has to offer... DRM free!