4Likes
  • 1 Post By NovaMan
  • 1 Post By NovaMan
  • 1 Post By NovaMan
  • 1 Post By Danster

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-10-22, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

SiriusXM 2018 Holiday Channels

Yes, it's that time of year again. Please don't shoot the messenger. ha ha or is that ho ho ho.

This from SiriusXM site:

"This year, SiriusXM’s extensive holiday music lineup features 15 commercial-free channels, including five available exclusively on SiriusXM’s streaming platforms. To kick off the festive season, seven of the music channels start broadcasting Thursday, November 1."

Here are the 2 main channel announcements:

Holly (Ch. 4)

Will feature contemporary holiday hits including songs by Michael Bublé, Ariana Grande, Josh Groban, Pentatonix and Mariah Carey.

Thursday, November 1 – Friday, December 28 at 3 am ET

Holiday Traditions (Ch. 3)
Will feature traditional holiday music from the ‘40s through the ‘60s and beyond by artists such as Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Burl Ives, Carpenters, Glenn Miller, Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, Ella Fitzgerald, Mel Tormé and Elvis Presley.

Thursday, November 1 – Wednesday, December 26 at 3am ET. (Available year-long on channel 782)

SiriusXM 2018 holiday music lineup: 15 commercial-free channels with Christmas carols, festive favorites & more | Hear & Now
Morgana likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-10-23, 11:39 AM

Holy cow! In a few years, they will start right after Easter it seems!!! They seem to be starting earlier each year.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-10-23, 01:39 PM

I expect a lot of broadcast stations to make the switch on November 1st this year. Holiday creep is crazy - I remember seeing Halloween Candy around Canada Day this year, and the first signs of Xmas were around Labour Day at some stores.

At least this year where I work they got cheap and don't pay for SiriusXM to be pumped through the office/warehouse all day. I won't miss "Holly" one bit this year. The bumpers between songs are annoying after hearing them thousands of times over the years!

Glad my radio doesn't get channel 782 either - who needs an all year Xmas channel????

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-10-23, 04:45 PM
Rookie

Hubby and I were at a local bar in early August and 'Santa Claus is coming to town' played (they listen to SiruisXM 40's or sometimes 'Simply Sinatra') .. yes August! Was a good thing we were at a bar cause I really needed a drink after that lol
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-10-23, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danster View Post
Holy cow! In a few years, they will start right after Easter it seems!!! They seem to be starting earlier each year.
Just checked back to the 2017 post and SiriusXM holiday channels began on November 1st last year, also.
Morgana likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-10-23, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Not sure if we will be getting the SiriusXM Hallmark Channel in Canada but they announced it today for the USA. Channel 70.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOLH_pqBPq4

"SiriusXM’s Hallmark Channel Radio will keep listeners in the holiday mood all day and all night with timeless Christmas carols and music introduced by top network talent, including LeAnn Rimes, Holly Robinson Peete, Lacey Chabert, Danica McKellar, Kellie Pickler, and more. Hallmark Channel stars will also open up about their personal yuletide traditions, share their own favorite songs from the season, and take listeners behind the scenes of their new “Countdown to Christmas” movies.

Voiced by one of the network’s most beloved stars, Candace Cameron Bure, Hallmark Channel Radio will launch on Thursday, November 1 and will be accessible through December 29 via satellite on channel 70, through the SiriusXM app on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at SiriusXM.com. Hallmark Channel’s 2018 “Countdown to Christmas” begins October 26 and will feature an unprecedented 24/7 slate of 22 all new original holiday movies, as well as fan favorites from years past. "

Hallmark Channel, SiriusXM present new holiday music channel | Hear & Now
Morgana likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-10-23, 11:00 PM

I just searched as well and I guess it has been like that for the past 2-3 years. The oldest thread we have had it starting on November 14 that year.
NovaMan likes this.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Just left my car, and I can report that SiriusXM has flipped 3 channels to all Christmas music, right on schedule. Channels 3 and 4 have flipped. 70 had not flipped to Hallmark when I checked, but is supposed to also flip from LOVE today. The radio station ID read Hallmark.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Saw this elsewhere:

XmasDreams said:

" Hallmark channel music has started after repeating the same thing for 4 minutes straight. Music didn't start till 1204 pm Eastern, so little off the top of the hour. The first song was "All I want for Christmas in you" Mariah Carey "
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2018-12-02, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Country Christmas (Ch. 58) starts on Monday, December 3rd.

Will feature traditional holiday favorites and original sounds of the season from classic country artists like Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard to contemporary country stars like Blake Shelton and Carrie Underwood. You’ll also hear artists such as Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, LeAnn Rimes, Brett Eldredge, Lady Antebellum and Reba McEntire.

Also Holiday Soul (Ch. 49) starts on Monday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in