XM Canada Renewal - What I got?? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-06-04, 02:58 PM

I cancelled it in my car before the start of last year, so I didn't have it all year. The other day I was paying my bills online & they charged my CC something like $250. Boy was I mad. I called & complained & the CSR said I had to cancel it or they'd automatically renew it. I told him I cancelled it last year, so he offered me a year for $112. No "Sorry for stealing from you!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-06-05, 01:08 PM

Hi guys and gals. I have a six-month promotion with SXM US that ends on July 2nd. I'm currently motivating myself to call in and cancel it (as I do every now and then). Question is: is there a promotion going on right now on the Canadian side that I could benefit from so I can cancel in CONFIDENCE :-)

I don't know that I can live without SXM (since I have been a subscriber since 2001) but given the exorbitant price they're asking these days, I'm just about ready to throw in the towel.

Does SXM Canada offer internet only... with Howie?

Thanks.

Going nowhere @ 220 ft
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-06-18, 07:18 PM
Rookie

SiriusXm - Ethical business?

So it was time to renew my SiriusXM satellite radio subscription and being very unhappy with the cost I let my subscription lapse with a VISA on the account that was no longer valid. After 2 weeks I finally got an email stating that I was about to lose my subscription because they had tried 3 times to extract $385 + tax from my VISA for a 2 year renewal.

On my 3rd call to them (I refuse to wait on hold for more than 10 minutes) I connected with a 'service representative' who, after I told her I was cancelling, informed me she could offer me 2 years at $187 + tax - a whopping $200 less than they were going to charge me! That was followed by 2 more discounted offers - all of which I refused. She also mentioned that I was being charged a cancellation fee. I actually laughed. She got it, and said she would waive that fee.

WTF? Do I want to do business with a outfit that has that sort of disdain for their customers? Charge the sheep $385 for a 2 year subscription and give the complainers a $200 discount? No. Nada. NFW.

Bye bye SiriusXM. I have been using internet streaming radio for the past 2 years and I have worked out a suitable method to replace SiriusXm. I will not miss it.

SiriusXm = $ 192.50/year
Internet radio = $0.00/year

A no brainer.

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-06-19, 12:43 PM

I just got Select last week for $180 all-in for 2 years. Took a bit of negotiating, though.

Sony KDL-52XBR4,SD DVR530/630,Tosh HD-A2 HD-A30, Pana DMP-BD65, Pio VSX-1015,Energy C3,CC100,ESM-4,S8.2, Engenius WAP
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-06-20, 07:39 AM

$114 all-in for 1 year this past week.
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-06-23, 02:03 PM

Ever since the amalgamation, the price has steadily increased. Shearing the sheep is just unethical. I hate their negative option billing tactics, at the end of the subscription. They deserve a black eye for their underhanded tactics. I unhooked a month ago and don't intend to re-up with them, until they smarten up.

Winegard PR8800, YA1713, Zenith7777 Preamp, 42" Aquos 120hz, Samsung UP5000 Blu Ray/HDDVD, C/Ku Band, Directv H21, 22.
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-07-04, 11:52 AM

So it's been almost three months since I cancelled after a no-notice full price auto renewal attempt. Surprising thing to me is that I haven't heard a peep from SiriusXM - not a letter, not a phone call, nothing. I guess they really have taken a new approach to customer service and former customer service. It's pretty obvious to me they just don't care. Your choice is to pay way too much or forget it.
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-07-04, 04:35 PM

Renewal notice came in, 175$ for each of two radios. Only paid 100$ last year and previously.

This year was easy, called, pressed #2 to cancel service, explained and was offered 100$ per radio taxes/fees inc.

Not bad, just wish they could renew it like this all the time.

Shaw Direct DVR830 / DVR 605/ 605, Sony Xbr65" 950E", Sony XBR4 850d, Oppo 980H, Yamaha 7.1 Surround, PS4! WDLive
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-07-06, 10:41 AM

I have had a US XM sub since 2003 and have never paid anything near their "price". This year I renewed my six radios at $81 each no problem.
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-07-06, 12:54 PM

Did you use a special promo code? Or did you play the game and threat to cancel?
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-07-08, 12:11 PM

Called XM.

Hit cancel. Got a nice lady in NB.

2 years plus online for 213 all in.
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-08-22, 12:20 PM

Got a call not from XM but from the company that XM hires to cold-call former subscribers. Offered $110 all in for Select pkg for a year. I took it.

Went to my vehicle to get activated and discovered that there was no Howard Stern. Phoned SiriusXM and said I just subscribed a few minutes ago and not all my channels are there. They said that Stern was not included in the package I subscribed to. I indicated to them I had asked the original rep who called TWICE if Stern was included and the answer was yes. They put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back and said there was an error in what was offered to me but out of goodwill they would give me Stern for a year. BUT I had to pay full price next year. Yeah, good luck with that.

I can't understand why I do business with SiriusXM. I can't trust anything they say. They continuously provide the worst customer service and customer experience I encounter.
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-08-24, 06:18 PM

Called today and hit #2 for the cancellation dept. Offered $99 with internet for 1 year. Came to $112 all in. Took it. Was easy and hassle free this time.
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-09-04, 09:14 PM
Rookie

I did the exact same as above and got the $112 for 1 year.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 2015-09-09, 02:49 PM
Rookie

First off - I want to say thanks to everyone who provides intel - I have been lurking this forum for 4 or 5 years and saved significant money on my renewals.

I renewed again two weeks ago (Sirius Canada) and was put through a bit of a ringer. The lady was polite, but she spent a fair amount of time trying to calculate the final cost with taxes and royalties. My auto-renewal notice was for $176 (one radio and internet). I was not willing to pay that price.

After about 20 minutes on the phone she was able to get the renewal to $237 for two years. I am ok with that.

With all the choices available on the internet (our house has a built in Sonos system) I can't fathom paying more than $10/month for the Sirius service. Some of the audio quality is poor - especially if you listen to any of the talk stations. On occasion we listen to CBC Radio 1, but the quality is brutal in the car. At home any talk radio is listened via Sonos, and the quality is 1000% better. I'm sure all of this comes down to bandwidth, I would be happier if Sirius reduced the number of stations, and increased the sound quality.

Cheers,
Uncle Eddy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in