Where's the CFL on SiriusXM in 2014? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-02, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Where's the CFL on SiriusXM in 2014?

I took a road trip through the mountains on the weekend and expected to listen to the Stamps game on the satellite.. I checked all the usual Canadian Channels- but no dice.
I am guessing I'm SOL this year.

The CFL hasn't updated their webpage:
http://www.cfl.ca/page/game_broadcast#Sattelite%20Radio
Quote:
SiriusXM Canada is the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the CFL. Every regular and post-season game as well as the 101st Grey Cup Championship will be available to Sirius and XM subscribers on channel.In addition, all Montréal Alouettes games will be available in French on Influence Franco (XM 174) and Attitude Franco (Sirius 164).

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-02, 08:26 PM

I thought the CFL was going to be on Channel 167..Canada Talks..but I don't see it mentioned on their SiriusXM page.

http://www.siriusxm.ca/Channels/Canada-Talks.aspx
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-02, 08:41 PM

We looked around for it also but couldn't find anything

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-03, 04:52 AM
QCK

The 101st Grey Cup was last year...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-03, 08:21 PM

After a bit of research, I discovered that TSN Radio owns the radio broadcast rights to the Grey Cup from 2013 to 2018, and I know that they own some of the regional CFL games; but I cannot find any information about national regular season games. It may be possible that TSN Radio will be the exclusive place to hear CFL this year. Perhaps someone else has more information.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-04, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Last year Radio rights and Satellite radio rights were independent.

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-09, 04:30 AM

Yes very disappointing. Thought last year CFL was on channel 160?? I called XM today and they said to check the XM Canada web site by the weekend for more info!! Anyone know anything about this?

I also asked why we can't get NFL Radio on channel 88 and she said if I paid $4.00 per month more I could get NFL radio. This should be included in the yearly package I have. Also does anyone know if TSN is on XM Radio?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-09, 04:48 AM

RE CFL on XM for 2014

I just did a search on google re CFL on XM Radio and it says Winnipeg vs Montreal at 7:00 PM locally this coming Friday July 11 - but it says it's on SIRI 167 (Internet 167). Does this mean CFL is only on Sirus Radio but NOT XM Radio? Or what the heck does SIRI 167 mean?? Any replies would be much appreciated.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-09, 10:14 AM

CFL on Sirius and XM 167 (Internet 167)

http://www.siriusxm.ca/sports-schedules/cfl/

You can change your radio to XM on the right side of the screen.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-11, 01:44 PM

SiriusXM Canada Press Release

This was just released yesterday:

SiriusXM Canada and CFL renew multi-year broadcast agreement

Quote:
All SiriusXM subscribers to get CFL games from across the league including playoffs and Grey Cup

TORONTO, July 10, 2014 /CNW/ - SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), the country's leading audio entertainment company, today announced it has renewed a multi-year agreement with the Canadian Football League (CFL) to offer SiriusXM subscribers across North America live broadcasts of the 2014 and 2015 CFL seasons, including French language broadcasts of all Montréal Alouettes and Ottawa Redblacks games.

Beginning today, every regular and post-season games, including the 102nd Grey Cup championship game in Vancouver, B.C., will be available live to Sirius and XM satellite and online subscribers on Canada Talks (channel 167). Live French-language broadcasts of Montréal Alouettes and Ottawa Redblacks games can be heard on Influence Franco (XM 174) and Attitude Franco (Sirius 164).

"It is important to us to be able to offer our subscribers access to play-by-play of the CFL wherever they are," said John Lewis, Senior Vice President, Programming, SiriusXM Canada. "The league is more exciting than ever with the addition of a new team, new stadiums and even more action from across the clubs and we're proud to be a part of that."

"We are thrilled to continue partnering with SiriusXM, now for a ninth year," said Michael Copeland, President and Chief Operating Officer for the CFL. "Their subscriber base gives us the opportunity to serve our fans across North America and attract even more people to our game and our league."

Those satellite radio subscribers who add SiriusXM Internet Radio access to their subscription can also listen on the SiriusXM Internet Radio App and online.

CFL play-by-play joins SiriusXM's comprehensive coverage of every major sport, including NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, PGA, Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League and more.

SiriusXM Canada's complete CFL regular season schedule listing is available online at http://www.siriusxm.ca/sports-schedules/cfl.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 2014-07-13, 12:37 PM

Was listening on channel 167 last night to both games. Only issue I have noticed is as a US sub I cannot access these channels online on PC or through apps. For some reason the entire Canadian bundle of channels are not available to US-online subscribers. Not that this is a huge issue for CFL as it's easy to find online anyways...

Tags
cfl , siriusxm canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in