SiriusXM Canada Pricing Discussions - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-06-30, 09:33 AM

just called and got 1/2 off 1 year renewal.. $99. (taxes included)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-06-30, 12:36 PM

Looks like the merger isn't going to affect the discounts available, at least for the short term. Called in just before noon, and was offered the same deal as I was offered in Jan (6 months for $45). When they saw I wasn't going to go for it they offered me 5 months for $19.32 tax incl. Can't complain about that one. Already set my calendar notification for the end of Nov. Will be interesting to see what the offers will be then.

Samsung FP-T5084; Yamaha RXV1400; Sony BDP-S570 & SS-X speakers; SA 4250HD; JVC SVCR (STILL ticking), Panny TH42PZ800.
post #33 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-06-30, 06:29 PM

My year was coming up June 24th. I called June 1 and indicated that I wasn't going to renew because of the frequent skipping etc. They offered me the same deal as last year 75 plus the 4.50 royalty plus tax.

post #34 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-07-12, 11:40 AM

Post removed. Please note this thread is about Sirius Canada not Sirius U.S.
post #35 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-07-14, 02:28 PM

I called them last 2 years to cancel. Each time they gave me the year at 1/2 price
post #36 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-07-27, 07:37 PM
Rookie

Called to cancel my sub and was offered $95 for 1 year....Told them I wanted to see what was going to happen after the merger was completed and would only commit to 6 months. Gave me the 6 months for $44.97 and gave me a month credit to boot, so with taxes and royalty fees included came to $35.36.
post #37 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-08-10, 12:37 PM

Just called to cancel my sub as I rarely use it. They offered about 4 different "deals" that I declined.

Then she came up with "One final special offer to try and keep you as a customer"

$72 plus taxes for a 1-year sub, so i deceided to take it.
post #38 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-08-10, 05:58 PM

My subscription was to end in about a week. I called to cancel my subscription once it's over as I was paying full price and thought it was too expensive.

They offered me $101.77 tax included for a year to try to keep me. I thought about it for a sec and asked if that was the best deal he can give me. He said that's the best rate for one year subscription. He then told me I could get a five month subscription for $20 plus tax. I think that is a fairly good deal and so I went for it.

Sanyo Z700, RX-V1800, DMP-BD35, XBox 360, Apple TV 2, Paradigm Monitor 7, Athena AS-B1, AS-C1, AS-R1
post #39 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-10-28, 03:08 PM
Rookie

I just called Sirius and told them that I was cancelling and they offered me 60$ off the normal price. I told them no...they then offered me 1 year at 90$ plus taxes and again I declined telling them that it's more than what I paid last year. The guy told me he would proceed with the cancellation. Then as he was looking at my account he noticed that I have a Ford Focus and started with " were is that deal that I saw? I know I saw something for Ford cars" He then offered me the 5 months for 20$ and he prorated what I had left on my current year subscription, so all in it cost me 18.63$ all taxes in. He then told me to call back a week before the 5 months are up and said "I know we can find another great deal for you" Talk about great service!!!
post #40 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-11-18, 07:12 PM
Veteran

Called today and was told there are no discount promotions at this time, only promotions that give extra months for free if you buy 1, 2, or 3 year subscription.

It's probably not true, but I have so little patience for Sirius radio and their shifty pricing and crummy service that I didn't really try very hard to sweet talk them.

The Cairo-based rep told me there are only 3 promotions available at this time: Pay for a year in advance and get 1 month free, pay for 2 years and get 3 months, pay for 3 years and get 5 months free.

The price per month is $15 plus royalty fees plus taxes plus a $20 activation fee. Activation fee is not being waived at this time according to the Sirius rep however he said i can do my own activation online for "just" $15.
post #41 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-11-19, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_tbird View Post
Looks like the merger isn't going to affect the discounts available, at least for the short term. Called in just before noon, and was offered the same deal as I was offered in Jan (6 months for $45). When they saw I wasn't going to go for it they offered me 5 months for $19.32 tax incl. Can't complain about that one. Already set my calendar notification for the end of Nov. Will be interesting to see what the offers will be then.
So I was all set to call in next week to see what the new offer would be to keep my business, but noticed on my visa statement that there is a charge from Sirius for about $3.80 cents on Nov. 8th so I called in.

Rep tells me that it is a pro-rated charge for the 5 mths for $20 offer I was on to get me to my expiry date which is supposedly the 8th of the month. When I told them that I was told it was $20 for 5 mths all in, I get the BS run around about how the other rep was wrong and that the charge was correct.

Told the rep to take my CC # off the file as this will be the last charge I'll accept from them. Rep instantly bounces me to Customer Relations, but get the same song and dance from them. Tell the rep the same thing, and his response was "fine, it's been removed". I found that both reps had a very cold attitude

Will be calling in next week to confirm if the cc# is still on file. If it is my next call will be to the CC company to see what I can do to make sure the charges get declined instantly.

Oh well, it wasn't too bad a service for the right price, but not @ their list price. Guess my 6GB data plan & internet radio will now be the non terrestrial radio option going forward.

Samsung FP-T5084; Yamaha RXV1400; Sony BDP-S570 & SS-X speakers; SA 4250HD; JVC SVCR (STILL ticking), Panny TH42PZ800.
post #42 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-12-05, 06:28 PM

I just renewed for 1 year at $99.74 total (everything included). I didn't have to negotiate for that price (other than say I was cancelling), so I possibly could have actually got a lower price if I held out for a better "offer", but I am satisfied.
post #43 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-12-10, 09:56 AM

I just got my bill yesterday which is $164.89 for one year. It includes Sirius in my vechicle and a Stiletto which I use in the boat and a boombox.

They are offering a savings of $75.00 to upgrade, when I renew for three years.

I've been paying for one year at a time without questioning for more than five years. Are they reasonable with their charges or should I complain?
post #44 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-12-10, 03:30 PM

I still have mine, but will cancel, I too was charged 164 for the year, that was the deal, thena few months later they refunded it to my card, and started chargeing me 18.00 per month all taxs incl, x 12 months,
then a few more dollars this last august like another 3.50 over the 18.00 per month, I have no idea wtf they are doing but A deal is a deal, and I myself find them pretty bad for doing that, to me now Sirius and Bell are in the same catagory after all the mess ups they have done regarding invoicing and refunds and customer service. I am the client, they seem to forget to be nice to me, So I just cancel and move on, and they can bombard me with deals, I am gone and will never come back!
post #45 of 414 (permalink) Old 2011-12-11, 01:47 PM

I was up for renewal last week, I've been with them since the first year and just automatically renewed. I called this time because my card needed updating. I told them to put me on with a retention agent immediately, didn't get as much off as I wanted and I was seconds away from cancelling. I ended up with $163 for the year for about $13/month.

Aquos LC42D64U Yamaha HTR6080 Emotiva XPA-5 Polk CSiA6 RTiA7's RTiA1's Velodyne DLS4000R Mot. 6416 III PS3 Harmony One

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in