Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Cell phone spam

Thread: Cell phone spam
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 2008-12-09, 06:39 PM
ASA

I found this.....

Quote:
To remove a residential, wireless, fax, or VoIP telephone number from the National Do Not Call List (DNCL), you must call the National DNCL Service Line at 1-866-580-DNCL (1-866-580-3625) or by a TTY 1-888-DNCL-TTY (1-888-362-5889) from the number you wish to remove.
https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/annins-dereg-eng

I was informed that cell numbers will not automatically de-register when you call the above numbers... you have to stay on the line and wait for an actual live operator so they can do it for you.

And here is some interesting info from the operator I talked to the other day. They told me that around half of Canada has already received these calls (the ones with the free cruise/trip), and that since the "Do not call list" was started, almost all the complaints so far have been about the same company (they called them the "fog horn" company because of the way the call starts off).

For me, I only started to receive more spam calls after I registered (the latest one was this morning). Hopefully I'll see a drop or stop in these types of calls over the next few months now that I have de-registered my number(s). (cross fingers)

Quote:
Just use my Caller ID and Number blocking function in my home phone.
But is there a way to block them for cell phones?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome