dscott01... I did talk to Telus.
I cannot get extreme 6 Mbps in my area which would have brought my bill down to 30.95. So I am stuck at the standard option that Alternate mentioned, but they told me to wait until monday to test and see how fast they can get my connection. The main gripe is they want me to lock into another year term instead of letting me finish my term at the lower rate. The agent said that if I was in a location lucky enough to get the etreme upgrade 12 mos ago they would have offered the new rate for the one year left on the original term... so why do I have to commit to an additional 9 mos just because Telus didn't upgrade my local node?
PS see question mark above and not in the original post