TiVos for HD OTA in Canada - Page 95 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1411 of 1420 (permalink) Old 2019-01-30, 04:11 PM

I'm having a difficult time getting Tivo to re-add RF35 (CTV2 Hamilton 35.1) to my lineup. It disappeared several weeks ago and I've not been able to record or view programming on this channel. Anyone have some experience getting Tivo to fix these types of issues?! So far I've been using the web support tool and it's been a frustrating back-and-forth where they end up claiming that I can't receive this station (I most certainly can).

Roof-top mounted Antennas Direct DB8e & C5, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Siemens surge protection. TiVo Roamio DVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1420 (permalink) Old 2019-01-30, 06:24 PM

I have lost a channel or two years ago but not lately. I would fill out the web form and within 2 weeks the channel would be back. I never had them reply saying they cannot add it. That is disappointing if it truly is a channel in your area. It sounds like someone just wants you to get lost. Maybe a bad employee. There was a lady named Margaret who you could contact via twitter at one time. I haven’t seen anything from her in a long while. The twitter address she used was ‪@tivodesign and I found her helpful. You might try sending her a tweet to see if she can guide you. Maybe escalate to management. Or post something on their forum. I’d start with Margaret.

Let us know what happens.
post #1413 of 1420 (permalink) Old 2019-01-31, 12:35 AM
Rookie

You could try this

https://www.tivo.com/lineup.html

Tom
Jase88 likes this.

post #1414 of 1420 (permalink) Old 2019-08-16, 03:23 PM

With the recent channel repack, I'm once again at odds with Tivo and their slow support. Two weeks after the channel changes, and promptly reporting them to Tivo, and I'm still missing recordings and not seeing the guide reflect the new channel configurations. Oddly, CITS-DT Hamilton, which changed from channel 36 to 14, updated within hours on my Tivo. Other stations, not so lucky. I understand that Tivo is likely fielding a ton of requests right now regarding the over-the-air repack. Nonetheless, they could have been proactive and managed the changes much more smoothly. Hopefully the changes will be made soon.

Roof-top mounted Antennas Direct DB8e & C5, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Siemens surge protection. TiVo Roamio DVR
post #1415 of 1420 (permalink) Old 2019-08-18, 08:54 AM
Rookie

If you manually type in the real channel number, it will generally pop up on the channel list. I still have one station after the repack that is doing the same. I rarely receive the channel, but I seem to be having some nice tropo going on and have been able to watch it more than a couple times.
FunkyTown likes this.
post #1416 of 1420 (permalink) Old 2019-08-18, 09:38 AM

TiVo should be more on the ball and not leave this like that for weeks. I sure hope they are not letting their customer service slip. Thatís always the start of companies failing.
post #1417 of 1420 (permalink) Old 2019-08-18, 12:44 PM
Veteran

Location: Toronto/Etobicoke - Bloor/Royal York/Queensway/Islington
" ... hope they are not letting their customer service slip"

It's never been the same since Rovi Corp. bought Tivo in 2016 (and renamed themselves Tivo). I was a huge supporter of Tivo after I bought my 1st (and then bought a 2nd). Not anymore.

A-D DB4e & CS5, CM 4221 & 7778, TiVo Premiere & Roamio
post #1418 of 1420 (permalink) Old 2019-08-18, 01:42 PM

Itís really a shame because the TiVo itself is a great piece of technology with lots of features that canít be found elsewhere. Itís always been expensive but now with the decline in customer service I wonder how much longer theyíll be around.
post #1419 of 1420 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM

ATSC 3.0 and OTA Roamio

Will this be an issue for us Canadians who own an Roamio?

I know that when stations convert that they have to have both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 available simultaneously for five years but after that will us owners be at a loss?

Also, I read that when the CRTC asked OTA Canadian broadcasters if they will be upgrading their equipment again and the majority stated that it was very cost prohibitive and that they will take a wait and see approach. However, American OTA broadcasters were all for it.

Any feedback?

Thanks

Last edited by Edwin; Today at 12:07 AM.
post #1420 of 1420 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM

My thought is that itís not a good time to buy a TiVo or any sort of tuner until they start producing machines that work with the current technology and the new ATSC 3.0. Itís annoying that they have to keep changing things. We were analog for decades and then went digital but now letís compress the video further and force everyone to buy new electronics again. Then in a couple more years I imagine theyíll be out with ATSC 4.0 or theyíll be removing OTA completely due to everyone streaming online. It takes about 2 years to break even after you buy a TiVo due to the savings from a cable subscription. If you can get 2 years out of your tuner before the new technology cuts over then at least youíre not out anything, but youíll need to fork out more dough for a new machine.
Edwin likes this.

Tags
tivo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in