2020 Super Bowl on FOX - US Commercials via OTA - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-01-28, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

2020 Super Bowl on FOX - US Commercials via OTA

With the recent announcement that simsub of Canadian commercials will be back for the 2020 Super Bowl, it will be good to know where you can snag the raw US feed with US commercials.

The game is being broadcasted by FOX. For those in the greater Toronto/Hamilton/Niagara area, the FOX signal can be obtained via WUTV Buffalo 29 displayed channel (physical channel 32.3).

For many on this forum, this is old hat. For others, you'll need a decent UHF antenna aimed at the transmitter in Grand Island NY, which is just north of Buffalo.

If you are lucky enough, you might be able to snag the signal inside your house depending on your distance to the transmitter.

The power of the signal has recently been increased quite a bit into Ontario so chances are better than before in locking in a signal.

I believe they are broadcasting in 4K via US cable/satellite/stream, but not OTA - only HD 720P.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-01-29, 10:44 AM

If the weather is decent, we will be watching the US broadcast. We are looking forward to what should be a great game.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-01-29, 11:35 AM

@go4it $k only available via streaming on foxsports.com or through their app, and my understanding is that it's not true 4k with separate cameras, production, announce team, etc, it's just upconverted from the 720p feed

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-01-29, 06:47 PM

The credibility of Fox Sports’ debut 4K HDR NFL coverage wasn’t just hit by its technical failure to deliver HDR as promised over key streaming platforms, though. It also turns out that its 4K coverage wasn’t really 4K at all; it used a 1080p production system that was upscaled to 4K. This is hardly the brave new world of ultra-detailed sports coverage AV fans would have expected to get in 2019 when they heard they were getting a 4K NFL stream.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#30eb73f97724
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-01-31, 10:47 AM

I will definitely be watching the Fox feed myself

https://youtu.be/SX1vyyZiQ7k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-01-31, 09:27 PM

How Joe?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-01-31, 10:01 PM

While I wish I was able to get Fox via OTA I recently signed up for YouTube TV which has all the network channels in my package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-02-01, 02:41 PM

Nice... thanks for the video clip too. It states my point nicely in the other thread of how much work goes into producing the telecast, while here CTV just sits back on their arse and fools some viewers into thinking they had a hand in creating things.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-02-01, 05:04 PM

I haven't been an NFL fan for a couple of decades for a few reasons (not in order):

1. Billionaire owner's are some of the most disreputable humans https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...f-robert-kraft in existence, threatening tax poor cities unless taxpayers build a new stadium (for their profit), politicians cave because "they like football".

2. Athletes that think making a tackle at the line of scrimmage entitles them to celebrate like they've just won the game.

3. Crappy pay considering the $$$$ brought in, the NFL underpays the MAJORITY of it's athletes while turning a blind eye to the long term cost of these individuals from a health care perspective.

4. Its the most COMMUNIST league of all professional sports, while wrapping itself in the flag.
https://www.theatlantic.com/business...he-nfl/388330/

5. They keep pushing the idea it's the most tv watched event, it hasn't ever been and never will be. World cup draws bigger crowds and Seinfeld's finale garnered over 5 times the price for a 30 second spot vs the Superbowl in the same year.

6. Endless talk, most sports take 2 and a bit hours to entertain, not the National Felons League, we need in depth reports from a bunch of talking heads that are going to play up Christianity and other BS about how a certain player was "blessed".

7. Violent men being protected by the league, shoot yourself in a bar, we can't help you, beat your wife, "He's a valued member of the community and is committed to change".

https://www.ranker.com/list/nfl-play...nce/ranker-nfl

8. Companies dumb enough to think 30 seconds on a forgettable broadcast are going to bring riches, chances are you'll be too focused on self love while your customers choose other products, see Budweiser's plummet while spending million$.

9. It's the instagram of sporting events, most don't give a hoot but will watch/like because of peer pressure.

10. Billions of $$$$ generated by young kids who'll never see a payday thanks to the incestuous relationship between the NFL and the "higher learning" establishment.

232 transmitters

Last edited by Zank Frappa; 2020-02-01 at 07:00 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2020-02-02, 05:22 PM
Veteran

Location: Toronto/Etobicoke - Bloor/Royal York/Queensway/Islington
The era of smart/funny Super Bowl commercials is long past. Nearly all of them are forgotten within a week or so the past several. Nearly all the good ones you remember year after years are more than 20 years old now. I may watch on CTV even though I get the Fox OTA feed just to avoid all the political messages expected.

A-D DB4e & CS5, CM 4221 & 7778, TiVo Premiere & Roamio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in