I haven't been an NFL fan for a couple of decades for a few reasons (not in order):
1. Billionaire owner's are some of the most disreputable humans https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...f-robert-kraft
in existence, threatening tax poor cities unless taxpayers build a new stadium (for their profit), politicians cave because "they like football".
2. Athletes that think making a tackle at the line of scrimmage entitles them to celebrate like they've just won the game.
3. Crappy pay considering the $$$$ brought in, the NFL underpays the MAJORITY of it's athletes while turning a blind eye to the long term cost of these individuals from a health care perspective.
4. Its the most COMMUNIST league of all professional sports, while wrapping itself in the flag.
5. They keep pushing the idea it's the most tv watched event, it hasn't ever been and never will be. World cup draws bigger crowds and Seinfeld's finale garnered over 5 times the price for a 30 second spot vs the Superbowl in the same year.
6. Endless talk, most sports take 2 and a bit hours to entertain, not the National Felons League, we need in depth reports from a bunch of talking heads that are going to play up Christianity and other BS about how a certain player was "blessed".
7. Violent men being protected by the league, shoot yourself in a bar, we can't help you, beat your wife, "He's a valued member of the community and is committed to change".
8. Companies dumb enough to think 30 seconds on a forgettable broadcast are going to bring riches, chances are you'll be too focused on self love while your customers choose other products, see Budweiser's plummet while spending million$.
9. It's the instagram of sporting events, most don't give a hoot but will watch/like because of peer pressure.
10. Billions of $$$$ generated by young kids who'll never see a payday thanks to the incestuous relationship between the NFL and the "higher learning" establishment.