Program Guide on LG OLED TVs? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2019-09-17, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Program Guide on LG OLED TVs?

Anyone else having issues with how the program guide (EPG) works with OTA on LG OLED TVs?

On my recently purchased LG OLED55C8, the guide won't display program information (it just says 'no information' for each time slot and channel) unless I click on a channel name/number - then it will load program info, but only for that one channel (and any sub-channels). It also only gets a few hours' worth of program info, and it forgets all loaded program info if you turn the TV off. As a bonus, on some channels, clicking on the channel in the guide, or opening the guide while watching the channel, will wipe out all program info for all *other* channels, if that info has previously been loaded channel by channel in the same viewing session. Have tried rescanning channel tuning, resetting TV to factory defaults, and disconnecting and reconnecting the coax. LG has no answers, says it's normal. Never had this issue with OTA and built-in program guides in other TVs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 07:34 AM
Veteran

Yeah if OTA tuners and the EPG are important to you,
I have learned to "try before you buy"...
With the variability in sizes between styles, I don't like to buy Levis jeans
anymore without trying them on first either.

If I wasn't happy with it, I would return it to the store as defective and buy something else

DB8E/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 8way split LG lcd.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in