If there is still no CBC/RC OTA digital in Saskatoon then why does zap2it.com... - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2013-02-12, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

If there is still no CBC/RC OTA digital in Saskatoon then why does zap2it.com...

Hello All
Visited this site back when they were announcing the transfer from analog to digital here in Saskatoon, and when CBC said they weren't going to include Saskatoon.

I still have just OTA (I'm cherry picking from legal online sites, iTunes and DVDs) and I use zap2it.com as my TV guide, set to show me all broadcast stations (although some are too far out of the area and I don't know why they list them).
Lately I've noticed CBC and Radio Canada listed again, both as channel 13 on the zap2it.com OTA grid. Global is listed as 4 on that same grid and CTV as 8 and I get the digital signal on those channel numbers.
Does this mean CBC has changed their minds again? Did they quietly flipflop on their decision? Did someone jerry rig a digital transmitter? If not, why is CBC and CTV still listed on the Antenna Broadcast grid, with new numbers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2013-02-15, 08:05 PM

zap2it is not always accurate. For example: in the Detroit/Windsor area the list CBEFT, which no longer exists. Other stations are listed under the wrong channel
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2013-02-17, 01:51 AM
Veteran

Zap2it is somewhat notorious for being slow to update their lineups. If nobody reports lineup changes (usually broadcasters or users,) the lineup often won't get updated. I believe there is a link on the Zap2it site to report inaccuracies. It's also possible to customize the lineup to see only the channels required.

Tags
cbc , ota , saskatoon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in