Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Condo version of Expressvu HD

View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old 2008-09-26, 01:04 PM
wooking

Exclamation BELL VDSL vs Rogers Digital

Don't do it!

I switched to Bell VDSL a few weeks ago.

Lightning fast internet, averaged 14 Mbps, but the TV part was very disappointing. The on screen guide sucks! The guide looks looks and acts like it was designed 10 years ago, and just awful to use. Also I had to start using 2 remotes, as the Bell remote sucks as well, and can not be programmed to run my Bose system. And if you want the 16 Mbps service, you will need a modem, other wise you can have the slower speed, using just one box, but it is the same price as the 16. They also had to do some drilling, and run a second cable for the high speed modem. I also find the security package from Rogers better than the Bell package.

Bell does NOT offer HD, or a PVR option for VDSL at this time. Also the say it's 100% digital, but that is not true, it is only digital for the main TV, the other TV's receive analog signal only.

I switched from Rogers VIP lineup, and therefore there was some channel differences and Bell does not offer on demand channels like National Geo and others.

After one week, I switched back to Rogers with the 7 Mbps, and I am getting that consistently.

At this time I would definitely NOT recommend Bell VDSL!!!

Greg

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome