Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Very odd ring pattern. Ideas?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DialTwister 
#1 ·
Incoming calls sound like a bizarre distinctive ring pattern. I recently ported my DID to VOIP.ms and use a Sipura (Cisco) STA-2100. The routing function is disabled as I have my own router.

When a call comes in, the ringing sounds strange and every ring sequence gets stranger until I answer. It varies each time.

Any suggestions on what to check. Call quality is fine. Outgoing is no problem.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Perhaps if I explain the sound further, someone may think of an answer...

Imagine this were an old landline phone and, for some reason, the ring voltage was lower than normal (or sporadic). The ring sounds like it's not getting enough voltage to present a proper ring so it sputters randomly.

Does that help?

#4 ·
Thanks. At your suggestion, I disconnected the existing three phones and plugged in one very basic phone. There was no change. The ring pattern is still bizzarely random.

I guess I'll just live with it. At least there'll be no question which phone line is ringing in the house. LOL

#6 ·
tux,

Thank you very much. I couldn't find that setting before you mentioned where it was. Strangely, it was already set to #1, which I would assume to be a normal ring. I changed it to #2 which provides a consistent "distinctive" ring-ring pattern. No more random half-hearted rings. I guess the #1 setting was somehow scrambled.

Thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.