Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Anveo VoIP quality?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ZackP 
#1 ·
We moved house phone from Bell to Anveo using Lynksys PAP2T. Internet service we have is Bell Fibe 15/10. I just measured 27ms ping, and 17.5/10 so it's what it is as advertised. We have PBX with several NEC phones and Panasonic cordless phone.

Problem is in conversation quality. We hear everyone perfectly but increasingly during longer conversations (wife!) other party complain about strange sounds or distortions, beeps or strange sounds that come and go. Sometimes call comes in, we answer but other party doesn't hear us and hangs up.

It is very disappointing. Somehow I don't think Anveo is at fault. Must be either equipment or Internet feed. We tried to switch from cordless phone to hardwired office kind of phone but same problems happen. Are there any settings in Linksys that should be adjusted? Is there better VoIP adapter to be used. I would hate to get back Bell line. It costs over 30 dollars per month.

#2 ·
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/78-...hoot-poor-voip-audio-quality.html#post1232064

This post by Mango has a lot of things to try. If the noises sound like touch-tones, you have talk off problems. A quick Google shows that talk off is a known issue for PAP2Ts.

If you have a cellphone, you can make test calls to your Anveo number to get an idea of what other callers experience. Due to the flexible call flow system at Anveo, there may be some delay before your phone will ring. Anveo also plays a simulated ringing sound to callers that may cause some confusion.

As stated in Mango's post, one way audio problems are often firewall related.

I personally use Anveo with a Grandstream HT702 over DSL.

#5 ·
I didn't try everything that was suggested.
It may come back to outdated hardware. If PAP2T is outdated what should I get instead? I have several of them but if I have to change it I'll get some other adapter. Any suggestions?

Ogorek, I have both voip.ms and Anveo accounts. Voip.ms I use in Florida, quite rarely, so it's hard to compare quality of both services.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.