Comwave Complaint Discussion - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 2006-08-20, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Comwave Complaint Discussion

Ok, I don't wanna sound racist cause I don't know who I talk to when calling Comwave in regards to the whereabouts of my VOIP adapter but, "how in the world can companies stay in business when their customer service agents can't communicate in the english language? I am absolutely perplexed. Comwave isn't the only company like this either.

I have a feeling their CS is some far away country. He had no idea what I was asking or saying.

Very frustrating after waiting on my cell for 30 minutes.

Anyone else have similar experiences withe Comwave.

And does anyone know of email contact for Comwave. I can't find any on their website.

Thanks
pammycats likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 2006-08-21, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Comwave bites?

Anyone using Comwave? I got the adapter today and tried hooking it up but kept getting error message: ethernet cable is unplugged?? I don't have a router plus I tried using a different ethernet cable. Same results.

My guess is the comwave adapter is F%$##!
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 2006-08-29, 12:15 AM
gmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine View Post
Anyone using Comwave?
I've just moved the D-Link adapter in front of everything else and wow, sounds great now!

I'm waiting for tech support after waiting 15 minutes for customer service. One of my questions was a technical one, and guess what, you need to call again.

Sounds like they're all in Asia. Have to repeat quite a bit. This time, I'm trying to get tech support in French...

-gmd

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 2006-08-29, 12:32 AM
gmd

Make that closer to 30 minutes for tech support, and not in French.

-gmd

Last edited by gmd; 2006-08-29 at 12:49 AM.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 2006-10-14, 02:29 PM

comwave

30 min wait seems to be the norm with this company to be connected to their tech support.
try [email protected] for their tech support email. You're correct that they don't provide an email addy.

I have been with them for about 3yrs +/- and found that the actual service is
getting better. Now, if they would only hire people that 1. understood English 2. spoke English!!! 3. improve the wait times to tech support to something reasonable 15 -45 min with a 30 min average, is totally unacceptable!

The product is great especially for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine View Post
Ok, I don't wanna sound racist cause I don't know who I talk to when calling Comwave in regards to the whereabouts of my VOIP adapter but, "how in the world can companies stay in business when their customer service agents can't communicate in the english language? I am absolutely perplexed. Comwave isn't the only company like this either.

I have a feeling their CS is some far away country. He had no idea what I was asking or saying.

Very frustrating after waiting on my cell for 30 minutes.

Anyone else have similar experiences withe Comwave.

And does anyone know of email contact for Comwave. I can't find any on their website.

Thanks
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 2006-10-25, 10:47 PM

Angry comwave avoid at all costs

Thought I was going to be saving big on my telephone bill, so I switched.

What a mistake, service, reliability are none existent. Stupid me I signed up for the discount 2yr service contract. After using the service for 1 month, I knew it was a mistake, they kept offering me free month after free month.

But what the use of recieving a free month if the service is always down, sounds like I am talking thru a tin can, calls dropped, constant busy signals.

Try calling tech services, on hold forever. Using up my minutes on the cell costing me more and more.

Finally gave up on comwave and switched back to Bell. It cost me to sign back up with Bell, but at least my phone works.

Comwave sucks bigtime, avoid their voip service at all cost.

They are trying to hit me up for the remaining cost of my contract, but I will dispute the charges for lack of service.

AGAIN AVOID, AVOID AVOID
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 2006-12-19, 06:16 PM

Comwave service

Comwave seemed good when I started about 1 year ago, but line quality quickly deteriorated drastically (Shaw ISP), and my son had identical experience, so we both switched to Vonage. Comwave offered free month, claiming problems had been fixed. I accepted but explained I wasn't switching numbers back yet again, but would evaluate their service for other family members use. They have been dunning me for months now wanting payment for unauthorized extension of service, now I don't respond.
I have a problem with a company (Comwave) that has no mailing address or e-mail address to handle complaints, only a phone number.
While some of my problems (Vonage has echoes & drops too) were Comwave, I subscribe to the thought that Shaw is selectively sending VOIP traffic on long routes subject to dropped packages etc. in order to create dissatisfaction & hopefully pick up some business for their digital phone service.
Does anybody have any experience with new Vancouver VOIP Co. PeopleNet?
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 2007-01-16, 10:48 AM

Angry More Comwave woes

I have to agree with the earlier poster who said "AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!"

I signed up for VOIP with this company in July 2006. After nothing but dropped calls, missed calls, and complaints from people on the other end of the line who said I sounded like I was talking to them from inside a fish tank, I cancelled my service with them in October 06. I was not given any instructions on how to return their modem, nor was I sent a return shipping label or even given an address to ship it to. I tried calling several times to ask for this information but gave up after wasting ages on hold to speak to incompetent morons with no command of the English language whatsoever; none of them could answer my questions.

Then out of the blue a couple of weeks ago I got an email at 11 pm telling me that Comwave were taking over $250 from my credit card to pay for this modem. Still no instructions provided on how to return it, and no chance given to return it before they put the charge on my card. I called them the next morning and was actually lucky enough to get someone on the line who spoke English (for a change). I was given a return shipping address and a "reference number" to include in the box with the modem. I was told they'd only reimburse me for the shipping cost if I sent the package by Standard Ground shipping, which is not traceable. I didn't want to send an item that's worth this amount via a non-trackable shipping method, but Comwave told me they wouldn't accept the modem if I tried to drop it off in person (I live in the same city where their offices are) and they wouldn't reimburse any shipping charge higher than the cost of Standard Ground. They told me if I sent the parcel by Standard Ground right away and faxed them the receipt from Canada Post as proof I sent the modem back, they wouldn't charge my credit card. I took the day off work, just so I could go down to Canada Post and get this modem shipped out and avoid the charge on my card. I then faxed the receipt to them immediately.

Then yesterday I went to buy groceries and found my card was maxed out. You guessed it, the asses took the money out of my card even though I'd faxed them the proof of shipment they asked for. Then when I called them, they admitted they got the faxed receipt but told me I'd been given the wrong information by their customer service agent before, and that it was my fault for not having a tracking number on the shipment! Now they're refusing to reverse the charge on my credit card until they can find the modem in their warehouse. They are ignoring the Canada Post receipt they asked me to send them because it doesn't have a waybill number. I called Canada Post and they said Comwave should have received their modem last week. I asked Comwave "what happens if your shipping department lost the modem? Why should I be charged when I can prove I shipped it to you, and when I followed your agent's instructions?" and I was told "that's between you and Canada Post". I was also advised that even IF Comwave finds the modem I sent to them, they will take 4-6 WEEKS to return my money.

Now I'm out of pocket by over $250 (which I can't afford!), with no recourse but to dispute the unauthorized charge with my credit card company. I will have to wait until the charge comes up on my statement before I can file the dispute. In the meantime, I've already filed written complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Toronto Star, in hopes that they will help me get the money back that Comwave stole from my credit card.

So - again I say - avoid these turkeys like the plague!! If you are unlucky enough to be wasting your money on their "service" already, and you decide to cancel, make sure that you get WRITTEN and DETAILED instructions from them about where to send their modem back, AND spend the extra money to use a traceable shipping method.

"There's one born every minute, and you were born quite some time ago!"
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 2007-01-16, 04:49 PM

Having read the thread I must add that the problem of Customer Service is definitely a big one these days with quite a few Customer Service Reps do not even understand what the Customer is asking for. This is because Companies are outsourcing their Service sections to countries like China and India and the quality is going down. Sometime back Dell Computers had to shut down their service center in India becaause CS people were unable to understand the Texan accent when people called from the South!!!!

Just my 2 cents!
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 2007-01-23, 07:35 PM

Thumbs down borders on credit card fraud!

Im down almost 500$ with Comwave because It was in my wife's name and they say I never cancel!

I cancel on the 32nd day and because the service was very bad. My wife ask me about an uknown charge on her credit car 5 months later, I found out I was still paying although the equipment was in its box!

I tried to cancel in "Freakenglish" twice (two month in a row) then called visa for help (the next month) then tried an other "freakenglish" call to get anged-up on!

Finally, Visa finish its inquiry in favor of Comwave since I had no prof other then my word saying I cancel my service! Visa assured me the service was now cancel, and Comwave understood that!

Got Billed the two months blocked by the inquiry and the equipment not return charge.

The month after I get billed for the equipment AGAIN! I called Visa, gave my two cent to the guy and he called Comwave on a three-way to get an other cancellation number and "excuses" for mistakingly double-billing me! they also confirmed I would get my equipment charge back if I return it!

I asked the Visa representative to write my Cancellation number in the Visa file! 200$ of service paid for a junk voip box (over 6 year old technology) still waiting for my 300$ for returning the equipment. Better equipment that is muli-protocol (multi-provider) compatible goes for about 100$ new from the manufacturer by the way!

Benlg
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 2007-03-08, 12:02 PM

Smile

Looks like I got lucky: i signed up for Comwave, but missed call from CSR to confirm it, and never heard from them again. Phew

Sharp LC42D62U, SA8300HD (500 GB), Philips 5960, Yamaha RXV659, Axiom M80v2, STF-3 sub, Xbox 360.
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 2010-06-22, 07:58 PM

Comwave: Glad I checked out Digital Home

well i was looking at a full page comwave ad in the newspaper.Thought I'd log in here and see what info was on digital home, glad I did.

Being a rogers digital home..having friends living around the world I thought commwave's advertisement looked too good to be true.
So after reading the posts here, I'll stick to using calling cards as rogers home phone regular long distance rates are way too expensive. Until something better comes along.....cheers
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 2010-06-22, 11:16 PM

Glad to hear we averted you from a bad situation. VoIP is great; unfortunately one can start a company providing VoIP with little to no knowledge of the technology and little to no investment. But as with most things, plenty of experience and a good investment in technology is required.
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 2010-11-22, 12:05 PM

Comwave Not Maching Rates Ever

Been with Comwave.net for a while now.

They claim on their website, "No matter where you call, no matter what you pay, comwave will beat it."

First I called them to match rates to cell plans. I understand that was wrong of me. Cause they are Voip. So I said okay fine.

Just now I called to see if they'll match Vonage.ca. For $29.99 Vonage gives 60 countries unlimited.

The guy says Vonage is HIGH rated company. I asked him what that means, he said that means LOTS of hidden charges.

Hidden charges my ass, I am gonna switch.

Anyone else have the same problem with Comwave ? I think they are making false claims of matching rates.

Am I wrong ?
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 2010-11-25, 12:11 PM
Veteran

I believe this type of behaviour has been reported before when it comes to Comwave. Tons of excuses when it comes time to actually live up to their promises.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in