Comwave Complaint Discussion - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-03-23, 09:15 AM
Rookie

Don't use Comwave

for all ppl who want to use long distance call don't use comwave if you did already and you gave em you creddit card cal your bank ASAP to stop the autorisation...from experience don't use comwave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-03-27, 10:22 AM
Rookie

Reading this thread, my only thought was "Phew ... I actually considered signing up with company last year !!!" thank goodness for this forum, and the poor souls who have to suffer so the rest of us can avoid falling off the cliff !!!
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-04-04, 12:52 PM
Rookie

Invoiced?

I recently received a "final notice" invoice in the mail from Comwave. Despite the fact I had never heard of them, let alone ordered anything from them. I ignored it but kept the letter (yes a real paper letter sent through Canada Post). I filed it under unbeleivable scams. I was impressed at it's level of sophistication. It had my name and address on it and looked quite beleivable although it didn't tell me what the charges were. The charges were labelled "Previous Balance from Last Invoice"
About one month later they started calling me. My wife answerred the phone. It was an automated call. I'll paraphrase it here, "Your account with Comwave is severely past due please press 2 to pay with your credit card". Ummmm, not likely.
I called the Customer Care Line on my invoice (1-877-474-6638 for those of you that need it). I was surprised when someone answerred. They said it was that some third parties had been registering people with different addresses and signing them up. She was appologetic and claimed to have removed me from their system and cancelled the invoice. We'll see. That was about an hour ago. I'm still going to report them to the police.

I'm still not sure if comwave is a real company. But if they are I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-04-09, 04:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComMad View Post
She was appologetic and claimed to have removed me from their system and cancelled the invoice.
What about the people who didn't call back to verify the charges (think seniors, new immigrants ... etc) I wonder how much money they made from all these poor people who just paid up in order to keep their credit clean.
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-05-22, 12:28 PM
Rookie

Angry No Contract with Comewaw

any body ready this.plz and plz dont even try comwave for even free. They are very tricky trust me. My friend is sueing the comewave now and i am stuck with them. they have horrible service. the line is dead and they have no techinical service .
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-05-27, 10:55 PM
Rookie

Maybe Comwave really means "Con-Man-Waving"
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-08-07, 05:29 PM
Rookie

Terrible Service

I signed upfor Comwave in June 2012, in which I was immediately lied to. I asked if i would have to wait to have the service connected as I wouldnt have the money in my bank account for a few days. I was told no, that they could put the withdrawal on hold until I called and gave them the "go ahead". The next day, my last $20 was sucked out of my account causing a $45 NSF fee with my bank, and alos caused a $27.50 NSF fee on my account with Comwave.

In order to finally have the service connected and the device sent to my home, I had to pay a $50 security deposit (which I get, I have bad credit) along with the $27.50 NSF fee AND the $12 shipping/handling fee.

I received the device and set it up on July the 7rd, at first the device worked wonderfully. 2 days later I went to make a phone call and immiedately heard "Device not registered" so after an hour of messing around with my computer, internet modem and the Voip device, my phone started working.. (I have had this same issue about 15 times since connecting a month and 4 days ago)

I was promised 3 months free of service, I received an invoice for $0.75 and charged a late charge and had my phone disconnected.. This month, my bill was sent out Aug 3rd, I paid it (again even tho I was promised FREE service) and because of the holiday, the payment was not received and my phone was disconnected. BEWARE!!!! This company expects payment within 2 days or you go without phone service.

My "30 day trial period" was to expire yesterday, August 6th, and I tried to call realizing the day because I had decided to change my service, and of course couldnt get an answer because it was a holiday. No they want to charge me a $50 fee to port my number because its past my trial period.. Are you kidding me?

The agents although they try to act as normal as possible, are obviously reading from a script, are hard to understand and have a very "holier than thou" aura about them. And even speaking to a supervisor you deal with the same thing. I am sending back my device, filing a report with the BBB and walking away, I will be AMAZED if I get my $100 worth of security deposits/device deposits backfrom them and at this point.. would gladly tell them to keep it, if theyd just make cancelling my account easier.. but alas.. no suck luck.

COMWAVE is a unreliable, unprofessional lying company. Not sure how they could possibly be okay working for such a deceiving company!!!!!!
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-08-09, 02:25 PM
Rookie

I had a contract term issue with Comwave and finally I talked to Mr. Abe Benitah. I am glad my issue was resolved fairly and quickly. Sometimes you just need to escalate to the right person to get things fixed. This is my experience.
I read the news that Comwave is the winner of Consumer Choice Award 2012. Sure there is room for improvement especially when it comes to customer satisfaction.
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-08-20, 11:21 AM
Rookie

Angry Scam Company

They are BS people all I have say do not trust them rip off, rip off and Liars, there is no consumer courts or telecom authority to deal with these people shame
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-09-14, 09:22 PM
Rookie

Comwave is the worst

Comwave is the worst company we have ever dealt with. We were suppose to get 3 months free service, but once they had our credit card, they charged us right from the beginning. They charged us whatever and whenever they wanted. Trying to get refunds was a nightmare. The account was a mess!! We switched to Comwave to try and save some money and it ended up costing us much, much more than our original phone service. The service was terrible, they even diconnected us on 3 occasions. Their customer service is very unhelpful. Beware of the fine print. Lots of hidden charges.
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 2012-10-05, 05:15 PM
Rookie

First of all send it back a traceable way, which it seems you did. Don't wait for your statement... call the credit card company right now and dispute the charge... tell them the whole story. The credit card companies hate merchants that scam customers like this. They will reverse the charge in most cases right on the spot, if you can prove you sent the modem back... which you can. Also the more people that charge-back to a merchant the more likely they will come under fire from the credit card company as to why there are so many customers complaining, and i'm sure these pricks have loads on complaints against them... which means the credit card company will side with you right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catti View Post

Then out of the blue a couple of weeks ago I got an email at 11 pm telling me that Comwave were taking over $250 from my credit card to pay for this modem. Still no instructions provided on how to return it, and no chance given to return it before they put the charge on my card. I called them the next morning and was actually lucky enough to get someone on the line who spoke English (for a change). I was given a return shipping address and a "reference number" to include in the box with the modem. I was told they'd only reimburse me for the shipping cost if I sent the package by Standard Ground shipping, which is not traceable. I didn't want to send an item that's worth this amount via a non-trackable shipping method, but Comwave told me they wouldn't accept the modem if I tried to drop it off in person (I live in the same city where their offices are) and they wouldn't reimburse any shipping charge higher than the cost of Standard Ground. They told me if I sent the parcel by Standard Ground right away and faxed them the receipt from Canada Post as proof I sent the modem back, they wouldn't charge my credit card. I took the day off work, just so I could go down to Canada Post and get this modem shipped out and avoid the charge on my card. I then faxed the receipt to them immediately.

Then yesterday I went to buy groceries and found my card was maxed out. You guessed it, the asses took the money out of my card even though I'd faxed them the proof of shipment they asked for. Then when I called them, they admitted they got the faxed receipt but told me I'd been given the wrong information by their customer service agent before, and that it was my fault for not having a tracking number on the shipment! Now they're refusing to reverse the charge on my credit card until they can find the modem in their warehouse. They are ignoring the Canada Post receipt they asked me to send them because it doesn't have a waybill number. I called Canada Post and they said Comwave should have received their modem last week. I asked Comwave "what happens if your shipping department lost the modem? Why should I be charged when I can prove I shipped it to you, and when I followed your agent's instructions?" and I was told "that's between you and Canada Post". I was also advised that even IF Comwave finds the modem I sent to them, they will take 4-6 WEEKS to return my money.

Now I'm out of pocket by over $250 (which I can't afford!), with no recourse but to dispute the unauthorized charge with my credit card company. I will have to wait until the charge comes up on my statement before I can file the dispute.
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 09:16 PM
Rookie

Service and charges, false advertise. I start my service with them on January 30 (when my number was moved to comwave. TComwave before give me an temporary number, "no charge just to try" Today February 14 I paid over $70 and I receive a call not to long ago for another $50 for taking my number away.
Bad. This people must be from another world. My first job in the morning is place a complain with BBB and with RTC(?) I am not sure if is the department looking in this matters.
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 09:24 PM
Rookie

Thank you for the tip. I want send one. You know if the destination is on 61 Wildcat rd
Toronto?
Thanks
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 09:26 PM
Rookie

Yes. We must do something. We must standup against this beasts. We get ways to spread the news.
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 2013-02-14, 09:28 PM
Rookie

I was talking with few people and may get all the complains and signup a complain to high level

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in