Palm Pre :: wireless charging, web based OS. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2009-01-08, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Palm Pre :: wireless charging, web based OS.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phon...index.html#wtb

Some impressive features, and likely Palm's last kick at the can if this device fails to make profits. Unified messaging seems really cool; this threads SMS, emails etc.. from the same person into one view. I HATE SMS so this is something I would use as, hopefully, more people start to use e-mail more on their phones.

Also the OS is apparently web based....I take this to mean it will make developing programs for the phone to be like making web pages. So there is a lot of potential there given websites like Google's and its many apps. Out of the box office suite via an online site.

I expect Telus and/or Bell to to pick this up, maybe even fight over exclusive rights for its initial release.

Form factor is like the iPhone with a slide down and out keyboard.

I was a former Palm user, from the m100, m515, Treo 600 and then the Treo 650. After this it was iPhone for me. Maybe I would go back if this device really kicks some ass.

PS: Find the 'Arrested Development' reference if you looks through the website for...kudos?

EDIT: some hands on pictures here. http://www.engadget.com/photos/palm-...dware/1269241/
The design seems to be outstanding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2009-01-08, 07:23 PM

I really hope Bell or Telus picks this up! It looks really nice. I cant wait to see the OS in action!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2009-01-12, 09:24 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in