Apps you are downloading from the Apple App store? - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 2008-08-04, 04:32 AM

Box Office is now called "Now Playing" (see http://code.google.com/p/metasyntactic/). Box Office seemed like a good app but the initial release didn't seem to support Canadian movie times, and the geolocation stuff seemed a bit flaky. My guess (and this is only speculation) is that they pulled the app because of all the bad reviews we Canadians were giving it (it's rating was steadily declining), fixed the problems and re-released it under a new name.

I can't find it on the App Store yet though.

I tried "Showtimes" and it properly identified my location (Saskatoon) and brought up show times for my local theatres. It doesn't have all the Rotten Tomatoes ratings like Box Office/Now Playing, but at least it's giving me results. And it was free. It also links out to the Google Maps app to give me driving directions from my current location to the theater I selected, which I think is cool.

Sony KDL-52EX700, Toshiba HD-D3, Motorola DCT-6416, Popcorn Hour A-110, XBOX 360 w/HD-DVD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 2008-08-04, 08:19 PM

Visited the boxoffice/nowplaying website and they said they are looking into why it got pulled, guess apple did it for some reason???
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 2008-08-08, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Warning to iPhone Apps devs - Apple can make your apps vanish on a whim.

The sudden and unexplained removal of Armin Heinrich’s $999.99 “I Am Rich” should act as a warning to other iPhone apps developers out there - Apple can make your apps vanish on a whim.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2386

Sanyo Z700, RX-V1800, DMP-BD35, XBox 360, Apple TV 2, Paradigm Monitor 7, Athena AS-B1, AS-C1, AS-R1

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 2008-08-08, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicohockey9 View Post
Visited the boxoffice/nowplaying website and they said they are looking into why it got pulled, guess apple did it for some reason???
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=535228

My speculation is 'Box Office' might be a copy righted term perhaps? The app was updated and worked well with Canadian info just before it was pulled.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 2008-08-11, 05:34 PM
Veteran

One purchase on multiple devices

I have two iPhone 3G for the kids and an iPod Touch for myself. All three are attached to the same iTunes account. If I download a game for $10, will I be able to play it on all three devices? I know the music works fine...
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 2008-08-11, 06:05 PM

yep you can use as many devices as you want.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 2008-08-12, 04:53 PM
Veteran

My daughter and I both have ipod Touch's. We both sync to the same Mac, but use separate instances of itunes in each of our log-ins because our musical tastes are very different. Also, we both have different iphoto libraries. I have the software update on mine, but not hers. If I was to update hers would we have to have the exact same music and photo libraries in order to share the applications like polaris says?
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 2008-08-12, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Got Labryinth Lite. Fun when your out and have a few minutes to kill!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in