To be really able to browse - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-22, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPENG View Post
I asume this is so called unlimited data plan
yes it is

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-22, 03:59 PM

Deckster,

Thanks for the info.

MT
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-22, 11:24 PM

Deckster,
Could you direct me to where I can get the $15 dollar unlimited data plan with Telus (with touch)
Thanks a lot

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-23, 05:25 AM

I was wrong about Telus offering it for $15.

$15 is only email and instant messaging, $30 gets email, instant messaging, and data.

http://www.telusmobility.com/on/plan...mail_all.shtml

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-23, 08:12 AM

Add to the confusion the fact that $15 got users unlimited email, IM and data if they signed-up during last Christmas' promotion. It was special that was never advertised or shown on the website but was promoted in-store. I expect it back, if it isn't already, to counter the iPhone mania.

I have noticed some of the advertising is less than up-to-date which also adds to the confusion. Glossy inserts in the weekend newspapers from Rogers, Bell and Telus all contained BB Pearls that were higher than posted on store signage and in some newspaper ads. My assumption is that these inserts are printed far in advance and for geographically widespread distribution and don't reflect the impact of immediate local competition. It sure doesn't make it easy for the consumer. Moreover, most companies reserve the right to suspend special offers without notice making consumers feel like it's more a matter of luck than smarts to get a great deal.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-23, 10:00 AM
Veteran

$15 is only email and instant messaging is what i signed up at xmas time too and as confusing at it was and after making a half dozen calls to different csr's and stores to confirm it also included web browsing i signed up. One of the worst promotion or should i say lack of promotion i have ever seen. IF they had simply said what it was for 15$ im sure the xmas revenue numbers would have been much higher... Half the people at telus did not know for sure if it was unlimited.

I also notice this footnote that deckster posted: 1) PDA smartphones (with TELUS mobile Email only) and BlackBerry® smartphones (with BlackBerry® Internet Service only).

Does that mean that i cannot check my hotmail,gmail and home isp on that plan for free? I would have to have a .telus.com email address? Ah the confusion of wireless phones.. its great for the business keep us all confused and take the money.

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-23, 09:46 PM

Deckster,
At post #3, you mentioned: "In addition to the web browsing you can set it up to retrieve your email (I have my Hotmail and Sympatico accounts set up on the device)". How you setup, Is it pushed to your device or you set the device to check the email account periodically such as every 5 minutes?
As for the provider, I am going to go with Bell since Telus require a data plan and as for my situation, I need the extra $30 plan compare with bell basically free.

Thanks for your help again.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-24, 04:04 AM

I set it up to check every five minutes, and to download the entire message. If you have a Windows Live email address, it can be set to automatically push the email to the phone.

Setting up the phone to access the email account is really easy as well, I just copied the server info from Outlook on my laptop

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-27, 10:46 PM

Deckster,
Sorry to bother you again.
Is the data plan location sensitive, meaning will I get extra charge by go on line outside of my home area?
Or the location is only for the voice plan.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 2008-06-28, 05:19 AM

I have a Sudbury number, but I am in Red Lake (a TBTel Mobility area) most of the time and I have yet to be charged extra.

Location only matters for voice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in