Using the HTC Touch - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-29, 10:22 AM
Rookie

Question HTC Touch-Screensavers

I am a newbie and a bit technically challenged and desperatly need help.

I have recently downloaded and installed Pocket Candy on my HTC Touch mobile. I have a few questions:
1: How do I now access pocket candy from my mobile, I can't seem to find it anywhere?
2: can anyone give me direction on how to download screensavers and install them on the HTC?
3: At one time I had digital time showing for my alarms and now I have analog, is there a setting that can change this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #78 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-31, 07:34 PM

Location: Vinegar Hill, Sony KDS50A2000, Samsung LNT4061, NB 3.0, PS3, TT GO730, BB Q10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
WEll guys 6.1 upgrade ROM is officially released at the telus site!
So when will 6.1 be available through Bell Mobility?

post #79 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-31, 07:48 PM
Veteran

post #80 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-15, 01:54 PM
Rookie

Problem with hotmail

Hello everyone,

I have a Rogers HTC touch and I can't sync my hotmail inbox. It sync the folder but can't load the email. It tells me there's a sefver problem or something. I called Rogers they told me it was because my hotmail inbox was too full. I did empty it (I have 10 emails in the inbox now) and it still doesn't work. I called Rogers again and they told me there was an issue with Microsoft and that it should be corrected shortly. I've now been waiting for 3 weeks!

Anyone has any insight on what the problem is and how or when it will be fixed?

Thanks!
post #81 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-20, 03:49 PM

HTC Touch Updated

Hello,

I will chime in here and say that I just purchased a HTC (Bell) yesterday. I found the link to the ROM update and installed it this afternoon.

Google maps with GPS works great and I am happy to see that even though the Sirus satellite radio is not yet available, it looks like it will be in the future, so I will keep my current fun package as is for now (had it on my old phone).

I installed OggSync (Pro version, $30 for one year) to sync my Google Calendars and Gmail Contacts and it works well (although I will look for a freeware one next year), and set up my Gmail in the mail application using IMAP4.

This device is pretty cool, small and light weight.

I was looking at iPhones and I see a lot of people saying the HTC is a poor attempt to compete with an iPhone ... I don't think so. The iPhone is, well an iPhone. The HTC touch is just like my old PocketPC (before the iPhone) and a cell phone combined.

It does not appear to me that they tried to immatate an iPhone at all, even though some of the functionallity is similiar.

Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a beautiful piece of hardware, Apple did a very nice job with it. I am not knocking the iPhone at all. I just think it is kind of like comparing Apples (<-- get the pun and oranges.

What is Rogers data plan for the iPhone ... $60 or something for 6 gig. With Bell, my HTC Touch and a $7 unlimited browsing, I have all the data I need to surf the web, get my email, sync my calendars, etc. And use the GPS!

I was also pleased to see that HTC included a case case for the HTC Touch in the box, as well as a one screen protector and an extra stylus. I just wish it has a spot to add a wrist strap.

I am looking forward to playing with the HTC Touch ... it looks like it is going to be a real pleasure to use.
post #82 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-20, 11:35 PM
Veteran

BEN: Are you running hotmail through the live program or have you tried to enter it as a email account in the email folders? I find it much better to simply at it as another email account as aposed to using the windows LIVE programs

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #83 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-21, 01:22 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
... I just wish it has a spot to add a wrist strap.
It does. It has a little metal loop hole on the bottom left. That's one of the things that I like about the HTC phones compared to the Palm's for example which do not have a wrist strap loop.
post #84 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-22, 07:14 PM

OMG ... so it does ... ... how did I miss that! Thanks!
post #85 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-26, 09:49 PM
Rookie

Hi I am new here and saw that you have a HTC touch. I bought one last week without getting the start up disc from the guy. Any idea how I can get one so I can sync with my PC?
post #86 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-26, 10:05 PM
Veteran

Go here for xp or vista:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ice-synch.mspx

only other thing the disk has is the office trial wich u can also get onine

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #87 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-27, 04:07 PM

Unhappy

As of today I will be on my 3rd HTC touch with Bell since January. I'm buying the extended warranty while I still can.

I love the unit but it really doesn't like to be in areas with poor cell coverage. It seems to kill the phone. It starts to run slow and then it stops responding all together. The touch screen doesn't function and pulling the battery or pressing the reset button has no effect. The phone will boot up but only the HARD buttons will work and once it gets to this stage it becomes a paper weight. Bell has replaced the phone under warranty both times but told me that without an extended warranty I'm out of luck come October...And I have a 3 year contract...
post #88 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-27, 06:40 PM

Strange, I'm in an extremely weak area (I have certain places that I can place my phone that it will recieve a signal) and I don't have those issues. Do you set the phone to 1X only? I find that it seems to have issues if it is looking for EV-DO constantly if there is no EV-DO network available.

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
post #89 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-27, 09:28 PM
Veteran

i was on my 3th touch since november... I had different issues each time:
-poor call quality
-missed calls
-damage on LCD

I really did like that phone though. now im on to the diamond With new things to figuer out

post #90 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-08-28, 07:49 AM

I think I'll be upgrading to the Diamond as soon after Bell releases it that I can.

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in