Using the HTC Touch - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-04-17, 08:53 PM

Hey Everyone,

Lately, I find on my HTC touch that it is constantly asking me to verify my e-mail login information. Sometimes 2 or 3 times right after the other. I can't understand why because my email information is correct!! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-04-18, 08:43 AM

Are you trying to access a Sympatico or Hotmail email account?

Mine has been doing the same, but so has my Outlook on both my desktop and laptop. I think the problem is with the email server not the Touch but I haven't bothered to call Sympatico yet. Somehow hitting OK several times seems like less of a hassle than dealing with their customer service.

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
post #63 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-04-18, 11:06 AM

Hey Deckster,

I am trying to access my sympatico account. And your right, it's happening on my desktop as well!! Maybe if I get some time I'll phone customer service and see what's going on, thanks for your help!

post #64 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-04-21, 08:09 PM

There is a maintanence update for the Touch available on the UTStarcom website.

I've noticed a huge improvement in battery life, bluetooth doesn't disconnect on it's own, and there is a new radio version (probably why the battery life is improved).

http://www.utstar.com/pcd/phone_down...ell%20Mobility

There are also updates for the HTC 5800, and 6800 if anyone has one of those.

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
post #65 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-06-13, 04:45 AM
Rookie

Cool HTC Touch Flash Player

Hi Family.
I have mi HTC Touch both went I need open this page {page removed} and I need flash player 8 end I don't now have were download.
please I need help!
I have only Flash player 7
tanks
post #66 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-06-13, 08:01 AM
Veteran

google opera mini and install that browser. ITs all i use now. You get full pc versions of all web sites and you zoom into where you want to read, using forums works pretty well.

Are you trying to watch youtube or other movies? Look through this thread i think deckster or someone else posted a TCPMP player when u use the EI browser on utube it then allows you to play or save the videos..

Right now i use the EI browser only for youtube and others, and Opera for my day to day web surfing(for some reason it will not play the you tubes from opera but i think its becuase it runs off of some java platform that i could not explain if my life depended on it)

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #67 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-06-13, 11:06 AM

You need to be careful with Opera Mini because all of the web traffic including SSL connections go through the Opera servers. This is how they port full web pages for use on mobile devices. Opera Mini is fine, just don't do any banking with it.

Cambridge, ON
Rogers, SA 8300HD PVR, Panasonic TC-P42X2 TV, PS3, Yamaha RX-V671, Apple TV 2
post #68 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-06-13, 11:34 AM

VTAP

If you are looking to watch Youtube videos, I found a great program to use and you dont need to install any other crap programs to get it to work. A Program called VTAP http://www.vtap.com/.

djino
"Give it a try"
post #69 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-07, 01:40 PM

Hey guys, just another question from a noob in this area. Can anyone let me know, can I use this phone and synchronize my work email to it when I'm offsite like you would do with a Blackberry?

44HM85, Pioneer 815S, Athena Micra 6's, SA 8300HD, Toshiba HD-A1
post #70 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-08, 06:43 PM

Quick heads up for people using a Touch from Telus. Telus has released a new ROM update that will upgrade your device to WM 6.1, enable the GPS chip, and enable EVDO rev A.

Bell users should get treated to the same within the next couple of days.

Do you think this might have anything to do with the iPhone?

post #71 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-08, 09:07 PM
Veteran

link? if this is a non cooked rom great news! telus is smart only thing is the probably wont advertice it properly

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"
post #72 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-08, 09:48 PM

Apparently, it was just leaked, the official release is supposed to be tomorrow. It will be an official release, not cooked. Here's the link to the leaked ROM if you can't wait for the official release.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=340674

post #73 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-08, 10:22 PM

THAT.
IS.
AWESOME!

Just got my Touch yesterday.

Again.

AWESOME!

Thanks for the info Deckster.

MT
post #74 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-12, 10:51 PM

Hi all,

New user considering this HTC Touch with Rogers, a few questions though.

1. I've been told the HTC Touch is really slow, laggy and un-responsive, is this true (they say compared to the newer Touch Diamond - however I'm seeing it replace my aging HP iPAQ 1950 which is 4-5yrs old - PocketPC 2003, is it still faster than what I'm used to?)

2. The Rogers version still has WiFi intact, but does it have the GPS working too?

3. Is there a WindowsMobile v6.1 update for Rogers HTC Touch?

4. Is all the data plans available for the Rogers HTC Touch all the same plan as the new ones currently available for the iPhone (ie; $30/6Gb)?

5. Can I turn the cell phone part off and just use it as a WindowsMobile PDA? - to save batteries when I don't want calls?

Any suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated. I am basically looking for something that will replace my aging HP iPAQ PDA (I've grown used to PocketPC) mostly for Outlook Calendar and Contact sync, I like the pen handwriting recognition and the sketching abilities and a good cell phone.

I've been a Rogers customer for 10yrs and my current 3yr contract (Razr V3) is up, I'm hoping for some kind of rentention/upgrade plan to be offered (any hints on that would help too).

Thanks,
Wm

Panasonic PT-AE2000U|Elite Cinetension2 100"|Yamaha RX-V3900|PS3|Paradigm Monitor 7|Bose AM-10s|Polk PSW350
post #75 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-07-28, 09:37 PM
Veteran

Been awhile since i posted here.

CHENG ill reply based on what i know:
1-its not super duper fast, but once u know how it all works you can get around fairly quickly, its faster then my palm tungsten was if that is a fair comparison?

2-Far as i know there is no GPS "working" on the rogers phone,

3- 6.1 is available through cooked roms for all touch phones. Official 6.1 from HTC site is still not available for the bell or rogers touch, but there is a 6.1 official leaked telus rom that came from HTC that later disapeared as Deckster points out above. Currently i have installed it last nite and so far so good. GPS works pretty good on google and telus nav.

4- i dont know

5- Yes you can diable, the phone,data or bluetooth through the com manager

My suggestion is shop around. I am very much pro-telus i use the mike system at work and love it, telus bent over backwards on more then one occasion for me when i really did not expect it. Dont assume that posted rates are the only rates and plans u can get. Bell and telus are the only ones with tru unlimited data plans(non tether) rogers for some reason does not

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in