Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
New user considering this HTC Touch with Rogers, a few questions though.
1. I've been told the HTC Touch is really slow, laggy and un-responsive, is this true (they say compared to the newer Touch Diamond - however I'm seeing it replace my aging HP iPAQ 1950 which is 4-5yrs old - PocketPC 2003, is it still faster than what I'm used to?)
2. The Rogers version still has WiFi intact, but does it have the GPS working too?
3. Is there a WindowsMobile v6.1 update for Rogers HTC Touch?
4. Is all the data plans available for the Rogers HTC Touch all the same plan as the new ones currently available for the iPhone (ie; $30/6Gb)?
5. Can I turn the cell phone part off and just use it as a WindowsMobile PDA? - to save batteries when I don't want calls?
Any suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated. I am basically looking for something that will replace my aging HP iPAQ PDA (I've grown used to PocketPC) mostly for Outlook Calendar and Contact sync, I like the pen handwriting recognition and the sketching abilities and a good cell phone.
I've been a Rogers customer for 10yrs and my current 3yr contract (Razr V3) is up, I'm hoping for some kind of rentention/upgrade plan to be offered (any hints on that would help too).
Panasonic PT-AE2000U|Elite Cinetension2 100"|Yamaha RX-V3900|PS3|Paradigm Monitor 7|Bose AM-10s|Polk PSW350