Using the HTC Touch - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-25, 01:49 PM

Things haven't changed.

I can see Bell Mobility seeing the Touch as a phone, but BDI (Bell World) seeing it as a data device hence the $110 warranty.

One thing I guarantee, 100%, is that you will not receive an exchange from store stock on your first issue. That will never happen, unless it is in the first 30 days.

With the $110 device warranty, it is not sent in for repair either. A reburbished device is sent to the store and exchanged with the defective one. Takes 2-3 days.

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-27, 10:25 AM

HTC TOUCH

Hey Everyone,

I just recently purchased the HTC touch for the Bell mobility network and absolutely love it! I am having a problem with receiving my e-mail however.
Whenever I send/receive e-mail, my email downloads successfully to my phone but when I go to read the actual e-mail it says message and all attachments will download next time I connect, why is this and how can I get rid of it so I can see the entire e-mail when I want to?
post #48 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-27, 10:56 AM
Rookie

Bell HTC Touch questions????

Hi all,

I'm completely new on here and just had a couple questions regarding my new Bell HTC Touch. I just got it last week and am loving it except for a couple things:

1) For some reason, when the phone is on standby, when the screen is not illuminated, the phone won't ring. It shows me that there was a missed call but unless I click the top button to light up the screen it won't ring. I have tried setting the phone to "sound normal" and also to "sound automatic" and it's not working.

2) I can't seem to download Adobe Flash Player 8 . One of the main reasons I got this phone was so that it can be used by my kids when some quiet time is needed (ie: in a waiting room) and it won't access any of their websites. Webkinz, Funbrain, Neopets, ShiningStars.....etc. They all say to download Flash player so I try but it comes up saying:

"We are unable to locate a Web player that matches your platform and browser"

I have no idea what that means or what I am supposed to do to be able to get it.

If someone out there could please help me with these two issues that would be fantastic!! I'm terribly UN tech savvy so if you could please speak slowly and in English that would be terrific!!!

post #49 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-27, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcarter View Post
Hey Everyone,

I just recently purchased the HTC touch for the Bell mobility network and absolutely love it! I am having a problem with receiving my e-mail however.
Whenever I send/receive e-mail, my email downloads successfully to my phone but when I go to read the actual e-mail it says message and all attachments will download next time I connect, why is this and how can I get rid of it so I can see the entire e-mail when I want to?
Go into the email account settings. Right now you have it set to download headers only, change that to download entire message. If you haven't already done so, change the frequency that it checks for new mail to the minimum (5 minutes), you have unlimited data so it will not hurt to check more often assuming that you are in an EV-DO covered area.

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
post #50 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-27, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridelane View Post
1) For some reason, when the phone is on standby, when the screen is not illuminated, the phone won't ring.

2) I can't seem to download Adobe Flash Player 8 .
1. Are you using a standard ringtone, or MP3. If you are using an MP3 ringtone move the file into the same directory as all the other ringtones, or switch to a standard ringtone that is already in the phone.

2. http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...ds/player.html

post #51 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-27, 01:40 PM
Rookie

Dexter,

Yes I'm using a standard ringtone, I've been researching this problem online all morning and have found MANY MANY MANY other people complaining about the same problem. Some of them have found a few quick fixes but since I've only got 15 days to return the phone, I need to know if it is definitely something that can be fixed or should I bail out now while I can?
post #52 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-29, 12:01 AM
Veteran

UPDATE, my replacement phone(referb) will be in tomorow. Although they said i could not get warranty on LCD issues i guess i pleaded well with the nice girl in the store that she talked to her manager on monday and called me tuesday to say it will be in friday.... I asked how or why is it ok now, she said they twisted things around LOL i suspect they will send it in with bogus software issues claim....

Phewwww

For those with 3 year warranty does it cover LCD damage? How does one determine if the the LCD is defective? or damaged from the user?
post #53 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-03-07, 03:49 PM

I get an error when I try to download the Flash player mobile from Adobe. It says
415 This content type is not supported at this time.
post #54 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-03-07, 04:09 PM
Veteran

i never did get any flash player to work. i installed opera mini wich is a sweet browser but no flash, the adobe flash installed but still dont let me see videos on youtube or other streamers
post #55 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-03-07, 07:49 PM
ckl

I have the Touch from Bell and here is how you get flash web sites like YouTube to play:

1. Get TCPMP 0.72
2. Get FlashVideoBundle

You can get them both here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6623

The site requires registration (free) to download files I believe.

Install TCPMP first, then FlashVideoBundle. Install them to the same location (either memory card or device memory). Go to Start=> Programs and you will see a link called Video Sites. It opens in Pocket Internet Explorer. It contains all the sites that show flashvideo including YouTube and some pron sites.. ha ha.

If you experience jittery or slow motion video, you need to change a video setting in TCPMP to be RAW instead of GDI.

Hope that helps.
post #56 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-03-07, 09:57 PM
Veteran

kool it works. now i gotta get out of the house to find a good connection but did slowly stream a vid from utube thanks!
post #57 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-03-27, 07:51 PM

HTC Touch Alarm Program

Hey Everyone,

I absolutely love my HTC touch and the unlimited Internet/e-mail Bell mobility offers for just $7!! My only complain on the phone is the lack of alarm ringers. I did try a third party alarm clock which worked great (could use my own MP3 file as the alarm) but didn't wake up to it one morning because there was a program glitch. Does anyone know of a good, reliable alarm clock program I can get for my HTC touch? Thanks!
post #58 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-03-27, 09:47 PM
Veteran

My HTC from telus has an extremly loud and annoying clock alarm. I set it to vibrate as well for added wakeup power...
post #59 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-03-31, 12:19 PM

HTC touch acting up

Hey everyone,

I just bought a HTC touch in February and have had two problems with it and just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem with theirs. One day I was talking to my dad on the phone and all the sudden the volume jammed and I couldn't shut down the phone without taking out the battery. Yesterday, I was using a bluetooth hands-free set and the phone dropped the call but when I pressed the power button to get the back light to come in, nothing happened and again I had to take out the battery. I am going to bring it back (and will probably have to pay bell for a loaner phone since I didn't buy the extended warranty.) Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
post #60 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-03-31, 06:41 PM

Did you try to use the reset button on the bottom before removing the battery?

Random freezing tends to happen with Windows Mobile devices. I have had it happen to me a few times since I bought mine when they were released last year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in