Using the HTC Touch - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-13, 10:52 PM
Veteran

for opera how did u get that to work?? All i see is .jad files none of wich work...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 02:13 AM
Veteran

You need to install a Midlet manager first.

This thread should guide you through the process.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...=Esmertec+jbed
post #33 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 03:05 AM
Rookie

Bell $7 plan

Any HTC users on the Bell $7 package. I want to use PCAnywhere – would that data be included in the “browsing” package and has anyone used that app on a Touch? thanks

post #34 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBane View Post
After following the instructions above exactly, I am still unable to play youtube videos.

Whenever I open IE and go directly to youtube.com it loads 300 KB of website then IE hangs and I gotta reboot the device to be able to use IE again.

If I goto m.youtube.com and click on one of the youtube videos, it loads the windows media player trying to locate rtsp://ugpr.rtsp-yo... and an error pops up "An unknown error 0x8007274D has occurred.

If I goto m.youtube.com using Minimo browser, as soon as I click on a youtube video error "rtsp is not a registered protocol.".

djino
"Still not able to play youtube vids "
post #35 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 10:53 AM
Veteran

prime tanks for the links. You tube is still a no go, but the site for pocket utube states its only good for its site... Wich has very little or very old content, sertainly not you tube content.. When you click the videos there they download to your devise then you play them

The Opera is now installed thanks for that!!

The problem still exsits with getting videos to stream... most sites want flash players i installed the adobe one but it does do anything.. Any suggestions? I have a few place i go to where i would like to watch vids cart.com hpi-racing.com ect ect and youtube

Thanks
post #36 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-14, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman13 View Post
Any HTC users on the Bell $7 package. I want to use PCAnywhere – would that data be included in the “browsing” package and has anyone used that app on a Touch? thanks
Data used on every any any application is included in the Bell $7 package as long as you not using the touch tethered to a PC.

I haven't used PC Anywhere, but I am currently using WM6 Remote Desktop to remote connect to my PC at home. It suits my needs

djino
"Yup, WM6 Remote Desktop is good enough"
post #37 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-20, 08:56 AM

HTC Touch - local weather

By now the Touch is widely avaiable accross Canadian providers, I know Telus and Rogers has one.

I've been using an unlocked version for months now and I'm lovin' it!

The unlocked version does have Wi-Fi, that was a must for me.

I use a Rogers SIM for its GSM EDGE network and just pay month to month.

The biggest annoyance was the weather app not displaying locally.

Here's a little trick I found to make the weather app display local forcasts. Here in Ontario the closest default city was Hamilton, close but no cigar.

HTC Touch: How to get your local weather

Using an easy reg-hack you can get more locations and even name the town whatever you want.
post #38 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-23, 03:21 PM
Veteran

HTC Touch screen turning blue

Ok so its now 4 months into my contract. In my second month i returned my phone for a swap(looked like a refurb that they gave me, no back cover wrapped in a paper invoice and dirty looking) I had a few issues with reception and lockups.. Since then no problems. About a week or 2 ago i noticed that the touch screen has a light blue haze near the bottom that really stands out when your on white backgrounds... Its in a spot that does not get touched alot(not near the active 4 corners or the home page buttons for weather,time,ect ect) Basically in a low traffic area of the screen. I have never dropped the phone use a protective screen and resently got one of thos plastic wraps for the phone..

I dropped by Telus and the girl said it was a damaged LCD and its not a manufacutres defect.. I ask how do she know this? I mean i did not hit it drop it or abuse it. She said if it was software related,reception ect ect it woudl be warrantied but not hardware damage.. I was not happy with this response. She said my only option was a 150$ replacement.. I did not get upset but said i was not ready to accept that and that these touch phones need to be warrantied better if thats the case after all you rely on the screen for 95% of the phone functions. And 4 months into a 3 year contract is crazy to have a phone go bad, let alone have to pay for a replacement. She said to come back monday she would talk to her manager..

Do i have a leg to stand on here? Is this fair? I would think that at a minumum i would have 1year warranty on this phone?

Ill report back when i find out whats goin on, im not dropping 150$ for a replacement, i would live with the problem till it gets worse..

She even said if i sent the thing in for software issues at this point they would not cover phone due to its damaged LCD(or in my mind defective as i did not damage it)
post #39 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-23, 06:18 PM

I would ask for a copy (if you dont already have it) of the warranty agreement and see if it states exactly what they are saying.

I purchased a 3 year warranty for my HTC Touch with Bell, which entitles me to a swapt over the counter (if they have any in stock) on the first time something goes wrong with my unit. After that, it gets sent in for repair while they provide me with a loner phone in the meantime.

Warranty was $110 through Bell.

djino
"but yup, check out the warranty"
post #40 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-23, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djino View Post
Warranty was $110 through Bell.
Your warranty should have been $70, not $110 because the Touch is considered a phone, not a data device.

They also will not swap the phone with another unless it is in the first 30 days. You do however get a replacement device and it takes about two days from when the repair order is processed.

A damaged screen would never be covered since damage is beyond a manufacturers control. A defective screen, however, would be covered. Unless there is a crack or severe scratches, the screen would be deemed defective.

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
post #41 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-24, 11:05 AM

Perhaps it is $70 with Telus, but I paid $110 for Bell in December.

This is what the sales guy told me. First time something goes wrong, I get a replacement HTC touch from what they have at the store. Further replacements will require the unit be sent to repair while I get a loner phone in the process. He was very clear about this.

djino
"Yup, it was very clear to me"
post #42 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-24, 11:50 AM

You must not have purchased from a Bell World then.

At Bell the $110 warranty is for data devices. The device is brought in and a repair is generated by the rep. The warehouse then sends a replacement device to the store and the customer gets the exchange (takes a few days for the replacement, a rental phone can be given (not a device) if the device cannot be used). There is no over the counter exchange outside of the 30 day DOA period.

The $70 warranty is for cell phones (which Bell considers the Touch to be). The phone is sent in for repair while a rental phone is provided.

The Touch might qualify for a device warranty (I used to be a Service Co-ordinator at a Bell store, but haven't worked there in almost a year) but I can assure you that you will not receive a replacement out of store stock after the first 30 days regardless of what the rep was very clear about.

If you purchased somewhere else, then they could have different policies.

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
post #43 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-24, 12:02 PM

I tried doing exactly what you stated, I went to accuweather's international weather site and pu t in my city (Amherstburg, ON) got the info (NAM|CA|ON|AMHERSTBURG) and put it in the correct fields using the mobile registry but when I tried getting the weather data it told me its unab;e to retrieve data for selected city, does anyone know why??
post #44 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-25, 10:28 AM

Same here

NAM|CA|ON|NEWMARKET
post #45 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-25, 10:29 AM

I purchased the device in December from a Bellworld store in Ottawa (Carlingwood Mall).

I cannot debate on what you believe to be true. I can only tell you what I paid and what the sales guy told me which convinced me to purchase the 3 year warranty ($110. If something should happen, I can get another touch from the store the first occurance. After that, its sent out for repair while I get a loner phone).

Perhaps the sales guy gave me inaccurate information, but you also stated yourself that you haven't worked for them in a year, things could have changed.

djino

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in