Using the HTC Touch - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-21, 11:30 AM
Veteran

Have you adjusted the time the screen should stay on?

If you hit the power button, the screen should come back on.

If that doesn't help someone over at howardforums might know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-21, 03:24 PM
Rookie

I'm not sure how to set that on my phone? Do you know how? Thanks
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-21, 09:16 PM
Veteran

go to start>settings>system>power>advanced>
from there u can set your turn off device time using battery or external power(aka usb or charger)

Hope that helps

ALSO:
start>settings>system>BACKLIGHT

post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-22, 06:07 AM
Rookie

I tried the steps you gave me and it worked, thanks!!!
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-24, 10:59 PM
Rookie

HTC TOUCH - Spb Games not working

I tried installing spb games such as SPB Arkaball II on my HTC TOUCH. It installs fine and can run. However, when the resolution is way too big for my HTC Touch Screen. I can only see the left corner of the New Game and Options buttons. Does anyone know a fix to this? Thanks
post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-28, 03:02 PM
Veteran

HTC Touch Phone Owners

Regardless of service provider I'm sure we all have some problems or issues could resolve together here.

1) Camera is acting up, takes shots then when u review them they are missing or black, sometime stating format issues. New phone last week, hard reset did nothing. Ill be dropping buy telus this week. Video camera doing the same thing, acts like its shooting but when u go to review media player stats unsupported format...

2)Lacks VISTA syncing. I dont like having to use office or outlook mail, i just want to sync with visata mail,contacts and calandar, i dont want the extra office stuff i dont use. Im using the trial version of outlook2007 for now but i do not intend o buying it. Maybe mobile 7 will address this short comming? 2 new OS's that dont sync..
post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-28, 07:10 PM
Veteran

That's probably the thing that most impresses me about using the ipod touch (my placeholder until someone releases the iPhone in Canada) and its integration with the Mac's OS X operating system. The contact and calendar syncing on that is so freakin' seamless - makes Windows Mobile devices (at least my experience with my Moto Q) look absolutly foolish.
post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-28, 07:40 PM
Veteran

it truely is foolish that a person could go buy a brand new vista system and brand new touch phone or other running mobile6 only to find out the 2 dont talk to each [email protected]? WFT?

Im just praying MS does someting in 6.1121235523423 of mobile... Once my trial is over ill no longer be syncing my phone.
post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-28, 10:39 PM

There is a ROM update available through the UTStarcom website, I'm sure that it will not fix the syncing issues as that is a MS issue, but it might fix your camera issues.

Update:
http://www.utstarcom.com/pcd/downloa...31398_Ship.exe

Instructions:
http://www.utstarcom.com/pcd/downloa...structions.doc

TC-P54G25, JVC Receiver, Turbosound Impact 50 speakers, Turbosound Impact 110 Sub, Sony SA-WM500 Sub, Bell TV 9200
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-29, 07:47 AM

the syncing is totally software dependent, has nothing to do with htc really.

for me, vista syncing is beautiful. the new windows mobile device center works great at managing these devices.
the windows mail client in vista is a ****ty upgrade to outlook express. even calendar i think they just threw in to say there is one like OSX has.
although i agree it should be able to sync with win mail/calendar, i think very few people are looking to do that. these winmo phones are used probably mostly from people using outlook. its outlook mobile thats running the mail on the phone too. at work we've got some of these winmo phones and let them sync with exchange. it works perfectly. kept upto date with a mail/calendar/contacts live from the exchange server. any changes made on the phone/computer is sync'd right away.
post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 2007-12-29, 09:30 PM
Veteran

actually i think this phone will fall in hands of consumers such as me. ITs a toy that came out before the iphone was available. Im a 30 something user but im sure it will fall in the hands of much younger crowd. I showed it to some of my younger friends that dont use outlook and many of them loved the the little thing.

Yes the syncing on vista works perfect no issues there, i just would like to sync without dropping a 100$ or more for outlook.

Thanks dexter ill check that out. i may just go back to teluse and get a 3rd phone from them, im on my second, first one had poor sound quality and headphone jack was fubar
post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-12, 08:29 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
Telus was kind enough to send me an HTC Touch for the next several weeks so I have begun to use this iphone competitor and the phone that some are saying will be the next Google Phone.

I'll keep you posted on my progress
Hugh, how about an update?
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-13, 01:26 PM
Veteran

I'd be curious as well.

I've had the Touch for about 2 months now and I really like it.

And the number of apps that you can add is pretty cool. The IE WAP browser it comes with is pretty useless IMO, so I added Opera Mini and have never looked back.

The camera is pretty much garbage however.
post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-13, 02:48 PM
Veteran

The camera is not great but once i turned up the brightness its actually fairly usefull for those times you just need to take a picture.

I have yet to figuer out how to watch utube. IT says you need flash, i installed flash7 adobe but still nothing... Any ideas? I cant get any videos on line to play unless i download files. Streaming does no work.
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 2008-02-13, 04:00 PM
Veteran

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in