Samsung SPH-m610 introduced in Canada - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-04-27, 12:04 AM

Hola,

This one is for POSTER's post about the Samsung M610.

Thanks for the short cut ideas about making your own ringtones. The only problem is that there is no option to assign a ringtone from "my albums" in the menu for ringtone selection.

Is there something I'm missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-04-27, 09:38 AM

ringtone a706

i bought this samsung phone a706. its really cool. but i want to use my music as ringtones. does anybody know how i can do this. i dont want to download ringtones i want to use my own
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-04-28, 12:37 AM

I tried the above method and it didn't work for me either. I found a method that works.

Go to this site

http://www.funformobile.com/pages/ri...adRingtone.php

Its an upload site and if you follow the instructions you will be able to download the mp3 as a ringtone. Just go to the address in the text message you receive and when you download it will be added as a ringtone.

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-01, 11:49 PM

I have tried everything listed here, and i still get the same error as Roland

Media File Save Has Failed

anymore input is greatly appreciated, i would like to avoid going online to get the ringtone if possible

Is there a way to do it with the provided USB cable
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-02, 08:41 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkubaSteeve View Post
I have tried everything listed here, and i still get the same error as Roland

Media File Save Has Failed

anymore input is greatly appreciated, i would like to avoid going online to get the ringtone if possible

Is there a way to do it with the provided USB cable
hey, are you the same SkubaSteeve from FC.Net? the one whos post count was so low it was in the negatives? The same guy who has a Bell phone on contract but works for Rogers?
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-02, 10:01 PM

Nope, im just a guy that works for Apple, trying to get his Sasktel phone to accept mp3 ringtones
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-03, 05:20 PM

Still no luck with offline ringtoning

Greetings,

I too have only been able to make my own rings by uploading online then downloading to my computer.

I would still love to figure out some way to do this all without getting online.

I have also tried making them mono files, and get that same MEDIA ERROR.

I'm running Mac OSX 10.3.9 on a powerbook G4.

???
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-05, 02:39 AM

Works for me

Hey,

I used the "naming Mp3 to .3g2" method, and it work fine for me. I downloaded it to my cell thru the USB cable that came witht he phone. I went to my pics/video, went to my memory card, went to options, copied the file to my cell, then went to my cell and assigned the newley created file to my voice calls...etc.

Scuba, i'm also a Sasktel Customer, so... it should work for you as well.

Another way to do it, if you want, is to use (Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter Wizard 3). You convert any Mp3 Song to an "Actual" .3g2 file (it will only convert the first 2 minutes of the song unless you register it), then use the same method as i described above, you can have a 2 min ringer...(if desirable)
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-07, 10:46 PM

Just save it to the dcim and apply the movie as a ringer. The 3p2 acts like a movie. I'm trying to get my 2.0gb micro sd to work, if not i'll take it back.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-09, 02:54 AM

I use yasa 3gp video converter to convert mp3 to 3gp2 file. it works fine for me.
http://www.yasasoft.com/3gpvideoconverter/
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-21, 03:43 AM

video ringtones

hey fellas the m610 is capable of video ringtone which is a cool enough idea but im trying to use part of a music video as a ringtone. ive conterted it to a 3gp it only 480 kb and i keep getting the same error everyone else does "failed to save" any suggestions?
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-22, 01:41 PM

Try saving it as a 3gp2, and save as video to the phone and not the memory card. It should show up under "My Pics/Videos". If it won't transfer to the phone save it to your memory card and then move it to your phone. Should work then.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 09:59 PM

no dice i think it only works with videos the phone takes itself. any ideas on how to trick it into thinking it took the video?
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-24, 10:13 PM

k nevermind i got it i used bluetooth to transfer it instead of the cable then i just assigned it as a ringtone from the card. there has to be other videos with it on the card or in the phone for it to work otherwise it won't detect any media.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 2007-05-25, 12:27 AM

ok im wrong again sorry still wont work i used the wrong file

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in