This SUX: Google Cloud Print is dead as of December 31, 2020 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 2019-11-22, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

This SUX: Google Cloud Print is dead as of December 31, 2020

Quote:
Cloud Print, Google’s cloud-based printing solution that has been in beta since 2010, will no longer be supported as of December 31, 2020. Beginning January 1, 2021, devices across all operating systems will no longer be able to print using Google Cloud Print. We recommend that over the next year, you identify an alternative solution and execute a migration strategy.
This really really sucks. I use Google Cloud Print to print from my Tablets, Smart Phones, and even google chrome on my laptop to my wireless printer or the wireless printer at my parents house or in-laws house. It works great, its one universal driver and it works great. Now with this shutting down next year. this means that ANY of my phones I want to print to, I have to install the driver for the specific printer, so I now need a Epson printer driver for my in-laws house, a HP printer driver on my smart phone for my parents house, and a Cannon printer driver on my phone for my own household. wait im not done yet, X3, so I would have to do the same on my WIFES tablet, and once more on MY tablet too. then its not gonna end, my mother is going to call me why she cant print wireless so im going to have to configure all her tablets and smart phones to her printer with new drivers. go figure, wow jus wow thanks Alphabet soop, aka google. you really blew it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in