Can't figure out how to play downloaded ringtone.. - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Can't figure out how to play downloaded ringtone..

I downloaded a ringtone from the market. Its on the phone cause I can see the icon and play the music. But I cannot figure out how to install it as a ringtone. I have downloaded several from Zedge and they work fine.

Any ideas how to make this work? I am a real Nubee when it comes to this phone, so specific help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2018-11-01, 08:51 AM
Veteran

so when you download it, it usually ends up in a folder on your phone called "downloads" or something similar depending on the phone. Now do you know how to change your ringtone on this phone? you usually go into some kind of menu like sound or alert or something, we wont know the actual name because it varys from every phone model but if u tell us, we may be able to narrow it down for you, once your in this menu, you will see a list of "preinstalled" ringers which came with the phone, you also should see the one you downloaded on the list or have the option to select a different folder to find where you saved it to, very similar how you find files in windows. I also strongly suggest NOT keeping it in the downloads folder, you might inadvertently wipe or delete it. if a folder exists for ringtones try moving or copying it there or create the new folder if one does not exist.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in