iOS 11.3 update breaks iPhone 8 devices with third party-repaired screens - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-04-10, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
iOS 11.3 update breaks iPhone 8 devices with third party-repaired screens

iOS 11.3 update breaks iPhone 8 devices with third party-repaired screens

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-screens-apple

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-04-11, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
More on the topic:

https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/11/s...-8-plus-and-x/

...a new report claims that even genuine Apple replacement screens can cause sensor problems for the latest iPhones — if they’re installed by unauthorized shops.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-04-13, 08:23 PM
Veteran

sounds like FUD. just never ends...

DB8E/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 8way split LG lcd.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-07-10, 04:25 PM
Veteran

This is one of the reasons why my wife was tired of her iPhone. We have small kids and they are at the age where they do not always know right from wrong. My kids have caused my wife's iPhone screen to crack 3 TIMES. Replacing it has been getting costly and with a recent change in our financial situation, we have no choice but to opt for the cheaper priced Aftermarket Screens you see from the Flea Marketes and independant shops. My wifes now using an Android but her old iPhone still works despite the crack on the screen caused by my God Daughter grabbed the phone and threw it down a flight of stairs for no apparent reason, shes young so she does not know any better so life goes on.

I pray that nothing happens to our Android phones, as I recently invested in a hard screen protector and a hard shell case which covers the entire phone. wanna know something? my wifes phone must have took a hard drop or something because the screen protector is slightly shattered in the corner but the screen underneath it is still perfect condition so yay I highly recommend them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in