Nexus 6P - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 2015-11-12, 02:57 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post

those of you that ordered the 6P was the note5 on your short list and what swayed your decision?
My wife has a Note4 and loves it. It is a really nice device to be sure. The Note5 has some really neat new features involving the writing on the blank screen, etc. Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, I was turned off of Samsung for a while due to a miserable experience with my Galaxy Nexus (had to send it in for repairs 3 times, for different issues, and it still had problems.).

I have now had a very short time to play with the Nexus 6P - it is very smooth and fast. As I wanted, the burst feature on the camera is really good. You just hold the shutter button and it takes a bunch of consecutive pictures, almost like a video. Great for capturing moving targets. Haven't had much time to play with much else yet.

Off topic - regarding the old sim card issue, the Wind rep said they couldn't reuse an old deactivated sim, but as I was an existing customer I got the two new sims for only $10 each, instead of $25. I was satisfied enough with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 2015-11-12, 03:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
those of you that ordered the 6P was the note5 on your short list and what swayed your decision?
Samsung's heavy customization of Android is biting them (and the users) in the rear. It takes them many months to keep up with Android versions and security patches. While the hardware is stellar, the software keeps me away. I was introduced to pure Android with my Nexus 5 and I can't see myself using anything else. My N5 is two years old and was still able to update it to Android 6 when it came out.
TKG26 likes this.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 2015-11-13, 01:29 PM
Veteran

Well i youtubed for days... Ultimately the specs and wireless charging. Especially wireless charging swayed me.. My last samsung was the s3 and its now our home phone still today the screen impresses me...

The other thing is popularity. I suspect more note5 will sell vs the nexus and there for more aftermarket love for cases ect.. My lg g3 seemed to have minimal local off the shelf cases or skins.. So there u have it..

Sorry off topic.. The new usb port of the 6p was something i wanted.. But the wireless more

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 2015-11-20, 10:52 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacity View Post
the thing that pushed me to the 6P was that it reportedly had better battery life, and I want to get as much battery life as possible.
I've been using the 6P for about a week now and the battery is phenomenal. I don't even need a charging cable at work anymore. By the time I come home after work, I'm at 40% and I stream music over bluetooth in the car during the commute. And with the USB-C fast charging, you can get a quick top-up in no time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in