Bell TV & Fibe APP on Smart Phone & Tablet? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-06-20, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Question Bell TV & Fibe APP on Smart Phone & Tablet?

I've notice something strange about the Bell TV & Fibe TV APPS?

I have both downloaded on my Smart Phone & tablet.

Here's what I find strange:

On Fibe App

not all the channels I sub to show up on the app IE A&E(and I have sub checked in the settings)Yet according to Bell you should get all the channels you sub to on your Smart Phone or Tablet?

not all channels can be watched on smart phone or tablet even if they show up in guide,only option it gives you is TV?

On Bell TV

I'm in Ottawa, yet on the Bell TV APP US Nets its Buffalo, instead of Detroit(we get Detroit in Ottawa).
CTV2 is Toronto instead of Ottawa.
I get Bloomberg on the APP, but not on tv (not sure if this channel is available on Bell Sat)
I get channels I don't sub to(ethnic IE ATN Channels, not in free preview)on the APP?

So I'm not ure whats going on.

I Slap Your Face So Hard You'll Turn Into A Clown!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-06-20, 03:29 PM
Veteran

Most of the time I can't watch the Sens game unless it's the national game, because the feeds are all from Toronto and the Sens game is blacked out there. As for some of the subscribed content, is there a difference between using it on your home wifi network and a wifi hot spot?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-06-20, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Question

the thing is whether I'm at home or outside away from the house (IE at work or lets say Tim Horton's) on the WI FI, it works, its just like I said some channels that I sub to don't show up on the guide(on smart phone & tablet). I'm not sure why this is.
It weird though how Bell TV APP and the Fibe TV APP differ on channel selection. I get way more channels on my Fibe TV APP then I do on the Bell TV APP?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-06-22, 02:00 PM

@MCIBUS if you want to get most the channels you subscribe to on Fibe TV, use the Fibe TV app - that's what it is for. Note that some channels have chosen to license their content only for distribution through the STB. That's why you can't get A&E through the app.

You can see the list of channels that are available through the Fibe TV app: Watch over 300 live and on demand channels at home and over 170 on the go.

I'm not sure about the Bell TV app. It seems they use the same app for Bell Satellite TV subscribers and Bell Mobile TV (which is a service only for Bell Mobility subscribers.)

If you subscribe to Bell Satellite TV, you have access to Watch over 120 live and on demand channels at home and over 100 on the go.

Bell Mobile TV says: Over 40 live and on demand TV channels. Bell Mobile TV add-on is $5/mo. for 5 hours of viewing over Wi-Fi (additional Wi-Fi viewing is available for $3/hour), but 5 hours of viewing over Wi-Fi is included with "select rate plans". I think Bell Mobile TV is licensed separately, so you don't need a TV subscription to use it. Bell pays for the channel from your Bell Mobility payments. That's why you can watch Bloomberg and the ATN Channels - you are paying for them through Bell Mobility.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-06-22, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

thanks DR Dave. The Bell TV APP must be the Bell Mobility TV APP as I don't sub to Bell Sat any more and I have Bell mobility as for cell phone.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-06-30, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Question

Question?

Is it possible to download the Bell Fibe TV App or Bell TV APP on to your desktop computer and watch Fibe TV or Bell TV via your computer?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-06-30, 07:09 PM

The smartphone apps cannot be run on your computer. Bell may have a way for you to watch via a PC or web browser (I don't know), but you can't use the smartphone apps.

Rules of the Forum | DHC Help Desk
DHC now supports Tapatalk for mobile devices!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-07-01, 02:35 AM

What if you use the Android emulator Bluestack (I think this is the name)?

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-07-01, 12:14 PM

There are android emulators that run on Windows such as Bluestacks or Andy, but they are a little complicated to set up for someone that isn't comfortable with computers. Not all apps work on the emulators.

The Bell TV app may not work if it isn't running on a Bell Mobility phone. The Bell Fibe TV app may work, but I'm not sure if it will run full screen on a PC, since the emulators mimic a tablet screen format.

You can watch a lot of the channels that the Bell Fibe TV app offers by going to the channel's web site using your PC web browser. You may have to login with your Bell Fibe account if prompted, but some content is free to all users.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-07-01, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Question

Thanks for the info.

Like DR Dave said, I don'think I'll try those items mentioned as I'm not that good with computers and setting up programs like that properly and don't want to mess up my computer.

But thanks for he info anyway.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-07-02, 12:47 PM

Well then that's when you invite a friend through Teamviewer and show you the ropes!!!

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 2015-07-02, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Cool

Funny you should mention Teamviewer. I have that on my computer along with LiveDrive & Managed antivirus program from Get Connected.I know the vice president & co founder of the company. He presonaly takes care of my computer.

Last edited by MCIBUS; 2015-07-02 at 09:22 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in