Samung Galaxy Tab4, how to output to TV (HDMI?) - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2014-09-18, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Samung Galaxy Tab4, how to output to TV (HDMI?)

I recently received a Samsung Galaxy Tab4 for my Birth day as a present, its a nice tablet, it has all i ever need on it, i am wondering since there is no hdmi or micro hdmi ports, there is only a usb port on it, can i some how connect it to a tv set? i see some adaptors for sale at Canada Computers which are made by samsung and out put to tv, but they have a usb port to hdmi but they dont call it a usb port, they call it an MHTML plug? never heard of an MHTML plug, it looks just lika usb, so why do the call it different? then theres this other device i was told to buy called anycast or allcast dongle? its apparently wireless? it sends video from the tablet to a square box wirelessly which you plug into the hdmi port of your tv with an hdmi cable? pretty neat maybe i might want this instead if its cheaper than the MHTML cable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2014-09-18, 03:51 PM

Location: Toronto, Sony KDL55EX720, ParadigmSoundbar, intelNUC+kodi, GS6
similar to your last couple of options is Google's Chromecast. $40 at Chapters.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2014-09-18, 04:06 PM

+1 on the Chromecast dongle.

We have a Samsung Tab in the family with an MHL adapter. This setup is buggy in my experience. High-quality video tends to lag as the port isn't capable of the same throughput as HDMI. We also get the occasional situation where the lag causes sync issues with video and audio....very annoying.

You also must go to the TV in order to pause, rewind, FF, etc. Inconvenient, unless you have some sort of wireless navigation device like a Bluetooth mouse that is compatible with your device. Though the wireless MHL adapter may eliminate this....

Roof-top mounted Antennas Direct DB8e & C5, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Siemens surge protection. TiVo Roamio DVR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in