Apple announces iPhone 6, 6 Plus, Apple Pay, and Apple Watch - Page 7 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #91 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-11, 12:48 PM

I think the iPhone 6 is a beautiful device from a design standpoint. Very few companies in the phone business do design as well as apple.

My 4S contract is finally up and I'm now torn between two phones Note 4 or iPhone 6+. Gonna be a hard decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-11, 04:34 PM
Veteran

for almost $1000 outright purchase (approx $973 w/tax) it better be a beautiful device from a design standpoint, but to spend that much as an out right purchase or if i loose the phone and the replacement cost is also that high, im sorry but im going to say its too rich for my blood. im better off with a used google android phone something more affordible for my low income
post #93 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-11, 06:58 PM
Veteran

Thought this was clever:

post #94 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-12, 10:08 AM
Veteran

Ordered my wife's iPhone 4.7" 16gb at 3:00am this morning. I got up at 2:30, but the Apple store was down. After fighting with that for a while. I tried the Apple store app on my phone. After a couple tries I was able to purchase it. I have a delivery date of September 19th.

This is where I'm confused. Apple has a link on when will my phone arrive. According to the area I live in, it says it will arrive on the 19th. I didn't think they did any of the shipping until the release date. Maybe they ship the first orders early for arrival on the release date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #95 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-12, 10:14 AM
Veteran

They always bring down the apple store before a major new product launch, so that is normal.

The phones have been arriving at the distribution centers (from China) for at least the last couple of days. If you order early enough, they do plan on getting them delivered to you by release date.
post #96 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-12, 11:17 AM
Veteran

I found out you can reserve your iPhone for store pickup. So I was able to reserve the phone I wanted for pickup at my local apple store. I think I'll cancel the online order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #97 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-12, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshel101 View Post
This is where I'm confused. Apple has a link on when will my phone arrive. According to the area I live in, it says it will arrive on the 19th. I didn't think they did any of the shipping until the release date. Maybe they ship the first orders early for arrival on the release date?
Ever since Apple sold unlocked iPhones online for pre-order they have been delivered on the release date at major urban centres(last year's 5s being the exception). They usually ship containers of them from China to the US during this time and then they're dispatched from the courier's hubs 2-3 days prior to meet the delivery date.
post #98 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-15, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atong View Post
Ever since Apple sold unlocked iPhones online for pre-order they have been delivered on the release date at major urban centres(last year's 5s being the exception). They usually ship containers of them from China to the US during this time and then they're dispatched from the courier's hubs 2-3 days prior to meet the delivery date.
Yes, mine is being shipped now from California not China.
post #99 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-15, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshel101 View Post
Apple has an agreement with UPS to ship phones starting almost immediately after the pre-order and they will hold delivery till the specified date, in this case, the 19th. Your local UPS has an area dedicated to Apple, behind a locked cage door that few people have the key to.
post #100 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-15, 05:54 PM
Rookie

So excited!

I can't tell you how excited I am for iPhone 6! I've went from Blackberry, to iPhone 4 to currently the Samsung Note 3. I needed the bigger screen for work applications. Boy, did I miss Apple after getting the Samsung! Apple is such a beautiful piece of work, not just the design and construction, but the software too. Can't wait to get the 6!!
post #101 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-19, 02:00 PM
Veteran

post #102 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-19, 07:09 PM
Veteran

Yeah, saw that on CNN.com

Sucks. from the way he's rubbing the left side, it looks like it scratched.
post #103 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-20, 02:09 PM

ever since the apple event, random strangers keep asking me (very excitedly I might add) if my Gear Fit is the new apple watch
post #104 of 104 (permalink) Old 2014-09-20, 10:09 PM
Veteran

I would say yes it is and offer to sell it to them for 699$

That poor guy in the video above.. that sucks

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in