Google Play Music - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 83 (permalink) Old 2014-05-20, 07:52 PM
Veteran

The more I play with Google All Access, the more I like it. Once seeded with your likes and dislikes, I just go with the "I'm feeling lucky radio". The vast majority of the time, I get sometime I like. Google's library is so far above and beyond Slacker's that I canceled my subscription with the later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 83 (permalink) Old 2014-07-01, 11:10 PM
Veteran

Songza just announced that they've been acquired by Google. Interesting match.

http://daily.songza.com/google/
post #78 of 83 (permalink) Old 2014-07-02, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Interesting.....hopefully the Songza type services continues either standalone or as a free feature if Play Music.

post #79 of 83 (permalink) Old 2014-07-02, 12:56 AM

Hopefully Songza stays the same, I use it everyday

Sony 75" X940D, 7.1 Klipsch, Onkyo TX-NR656, Xbox One/360, Nvidia Shield Alienware Alpha, Arris Gateway, 42" Samsung
post #80 of 83 (permalink) Old 2015-12-30, 02:29 AM

Songza was my favorite music app, had IMO by far the best playlists.
Google has now integrated Songza into Google Music.

I'm now a Google Music subscriber, very good move by Google. I said forever MS or Google needed to buy out Songza and integrate it into their app, given both of their radio/playlist features sucked.
Currently a Groove Music subscriber as well. Will likely be dropping it soon. Went with the family plan on Play Music allowing for 6 users for less than the price of 2. Cheaper than individual subscriptions for me and my wife on Groove.
I've already figured out how to stream Play Music to my Xbox via DLNA from my phone. Works perfect. Sounds good.

Google kept Songza's free features but stepped up the advertising. Only took 1 full day of listening for me to pay.

Sony 75" X940D, 7.1 Klipsch, Onkyo TX-NR656, Xbox One/360, Nvidia Shield Alienware Alpha, Arris Gateway, 42" Samsung
post #81 of 83 (permalink) Old 2016-01-05, 02:30 PM

I was subscribed to Rdio for a few years, but it recently shut down. I signed up for free trials of the premium versions of Google Play Music, Spotify and Apple Music to compare them and choose which one to go with next.

I am also a Songza fan, so having those playlists integrated into Google Play was a major plus for it. However, what clinched it was that Google was the only service that properly handled album queuing. I like to listen to full albums, so I will often start listening to one and then queue a different one (or more) to follow it. With both Spotify and Apple, they would insert that next album after the current song on the album I was listening to instead of after that album was complete. I checked online for both Spotify and Apple to see if there was a function I was missing, but forums for both confirmed they did not allow you to queue the album to begin after the album you are currently listening to instead of interrupting it. This was never an issue with Rdio when I subscribed to them.

Anyway, such a basic feature was the main deciding factor for Google for me. The music libraries of all three services were quite similar and the price (for a single user) was the same for all three. I generally liked Spotify's interface and streaming stations, but I found Apple to be a bit confusing as I did not like how it was basically just integrated into iTunes (which I'm already not overly fond of).
post #82 of 83 (permalink) Old 2016-01-05, 06:47 PM
Rookie

I have made extensive use of Google Play Music since switching from Rdio some time last year. My biggest gripe is that I have uploaded a ton of music that I had ripped from CDs back in the day. Naturally, these are some of my favourite albums, and so I listen to them frequently. When I hit the album to play in Google Music, it often intermingles my uploaded track with one from their library. Sure, I can manually fix this. But I often don't notice until it starts playing 'track 1' for a second time. Real pain in the ass. If anyone has come across this, and has tried a solution to fix it, please let me know their results.
post #83 of 83 (permalink) Old 2016-01-06, 08:08 AM

Not sure if this solution will work for you, but if I just want to listen to a specific album or artist, I create a new Playlist. I've done that for The Beatles, Steely Dan, etc.. there, I showed my age

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in