Talking about predictions: Mark Anderson, founder and publisher of the Strategic
News Service newsletter, does this for years and reportedly is right 80% of the time.
I do recall reading about his CarryAlong computer many years before tablets appeared...
Here are his Top-10 predictions for 2014
1. Siris move to Silos (voice control on the rise).
2. Visualization Goes Mainstream (the only way to process "big data").
3. The Cheaper Factor (price rules consumer electronics).
4. Sub-$100 smartphones dominate.
5. Sub-$250 pads dominate.
6. Software Plays on a Flat Hardware Field (software is the innovation field).
7. The New Microsoft That No One Expected.
8. Micromapping arrives (mapping as a business engine).
9. The Quantified Self Goes Mainstream (better understanding of your own health).
I like the last one...
There is some overlap with predictions from IDC
, Business News