HTC ONE, Wow! - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzone View Post
Yah i dont even turn on the battery saver (which is excelent btw) and i can get to 10pm no problem from 8:30 am on time.

and im a fairly heavy user.
Now that's contrary to some other things I have read that have folks not making it through the day with it......

I think 4.2.2 is rolling out to you guys soon, maybe I will wait and see what improvements that makes before taking the plunge......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

well lets see today i was a bit light on using so far but off the charger at 8:00 and im at 72% with about 1 1/2 horus of awake / screen time so far.

1/2 an hour of bluetooth to my car streaming music.

i also leave wifi and blutooth on all the time.

EDIT * hrm i also just noticed i had my wifi to stay on at all times...like doesnt go to sleep. just had to change the setting and this should up my battery life as well.!
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 01:02 PM
Veteran

I guess I should admit I'm already on 4.2.2. lol ARHD!

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 01:13 PM
Veteran

Make no mistake, I tell anyone coming from an older Blackberry type QWERTY phone that the battery life of these touch devices is not the same. Not. at. all. No more just letting your phone sit on the countertop not charging all night, but be ready to go for the next day. So if you know how these devices are, and how getting a day is good, then yes, the HTC is a good device in terms of battery.
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 01:23 PM

oh i have had a Nexus one and a Nexus S for smartphones, so i'm well aware that daily charging is the norm!

I just want to avoid having to charge halfway through the day, which is what some folks are reporting on the One. I know lots of things affect battery drain, but it does seem to be a comment across the reviews and tests I've read.

Another thing I forgot to mention is I have heard it takes forever to recharge the One too compared to the S4.......

I realize overnight this doesn't matter, but i wonder if you guys charge during the day for top ups if you've noticed a slow charge time?
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

what reviews did you read?

both endgaget and anandtech said the batteryl ife is very good.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 04:41 PM
Veteran

I do think the charging is slower. But it depends on what you plug into. If you plug into a wall I find it's fast enough. USB, not so fast. One thing I haven't done in a month is drain my battery to 0%, so I honestly don't know how fast it can drain. But I can plug in at my desk at work and car charger and then at home.

But anyway, if you're comparing S4 vs One, there are pros and cons to both.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 04:56 PM

There's a whole thread on Android Centreal about the One and battery consumption and how guys seem to need to install third party battery savers and/or disable lots of features to get decent life, unless I"m just reading the posts wrong.........

Another review comparision saying the battery is better on the s4

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2013/0...ung-galaxy-s4/

But are you guys all running the newest update?
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 07:10 PM
Veteran

I'm on the latest update. I saw that review though. Someone I know has an S4 and was frustrated with running out of battery in the afternoon.

But if that reviewer says he can get two days with room to spare, you should get the S4.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-13, 07:59 PM

Bettery life isn't the be all and end all for me, but it would be nice to know I could get a full day on the One at least. You seem to be able to do with the latest update, while it seems others can't who are running 4.1 I presume. So, I hope that when the latest update rolls out whenever, everyone has better battery life.

I have seen the pros and cons of both, and I'm leaning towards the One for various reasons. I guess it's just hard for me to make up my mind when half the people say the battery sucks, while the other half says it's perfectly ok, lol.
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-14, 07:35 AM
Veteran

One more thing I enjoy on my HTC One. The stock HTC browser looks like an offshoot of chrome, and it's fast. But it lets you enable flash. I can view all videos on sites on my phone.

I honestly don't know but can the S4 do that?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-14, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

i find it hard to beat Anandtechs battery tests. they set the brightness the same and runs the same test loop till the battery dies.

Its scientific and repeatable. Off the cuff personal tests have too many variables.

there basicly neck and neck.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6914/s...y-s-4-review/2
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-06-14, 06:21 PM

wow, i missed the anandtech review. That's the most detailed review on a cell phone i've ever read!

Thanks for the tip.
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 2013-08-01, 01:56 AM

I picked this phone up a couple weeks ago and I love it!

By far best phone I've owned, great fit and finish. It just feels like you are holding a quality product. Not some cheap plastic thing.

The audio quality is insane, enabling Beats makes it slightly quieter but the sound quality is what you would expect from Beats. The volume is perfect for some tunes in the golf cart. Can play 18 holes with it playing and not have to worry about battery life.

I have no issue with battery life at all. I'm would consider myself a moderate user.
I use it for email, ebay, reading cnet, videos on youtube and vevo, facebook, I'm a heavy texter. All the usual stuff, but minimal phone calls

I did read people having issues with the battery life, I conditioned the battery same way I would 1 of my RC car Lipo batteries (sort of I have more charge/discharge options with my RC cars)
was good for about 12 hours, now I'm getting 16 plus hours, right now I'm at 16 hours 20 min with 51% life still, but I didn't use it for any music today.

1 thing that is hard on the battery is using it for turn by turn nav. Eats the battery right quick.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to speed and performance, and I always multitask. That's why I was never a big smart phone user before, they were just 2 slow.

This thing blows all expectations out of the water, its so fast, so smooth. One of very few electronics I own that I would describe having seamless operation.

I've had all the major phones, all have there strengths and weakness. In my opinion this phone is by far the best all around, with a few useful blow the doors off the competition features, particularly Beats. No useless gimmicks all though I haven't found a lot of use for Zoe, I can see it being useful.

I use the TV remote all the time. Not quite good enough to control my home theater but everyday TV watching in the Living room or bed room its perfect.

Very happy. Highly recommended.

Sony 75" X940D, 7.1 Klipsch, Onkyo TX-NR656, Xbox One/360, Nvidia Shield Alienware Alpha, Arris Gateway, 42" Samsung

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in