IPHONE 3GS-Issues - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2012-07-21, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

IPHONE 3GS-Issues

I've got a couple of issues with my iphone 3gs and was wondering if anyone here could give me some help or assistance.

1) I have a fairly long hairline crack along the back of my phone from the charging port to just above the bottom line of text. Apple has made it known that this is a hardware fault and have replaced phones with this issue. My problem is that I'm not under warranty. My phone is 2 years old and just dvelopped this crack about 4 months ago

2) My vibrate switch is loose meaning my phone will vibrate uncontrollably thinking that it keeps switching between silent and not silent when nothing is actually happening. This is very frustrating to constantly check my phone thinking I've gotten a text/email/alert and nothing show up. It's another hardware fault with the phone but once again I'm not under warranty.

3) My battery has a very short life span. After a certain amount of charges it does eventually lose a lot of its power, and I'm at that point. It can't last one full day on standby. It used to last around 2 days before a full charge was needed. This problem will probably worsen!

Any help with these 3 problems would be greatly appreciated. A lot of people have asked these questions, but I feel my situation is different because of the lack of warranty plus my ineligibility for a hardware upgrade from Rogers.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2012-07-21, 11:53 AM

Get battery life from the app store and run a few full charges. My phone is new and it actually made the battery last longer.

You may be better off to look around for a used iphone and pick up cheep
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2012-07-23, 10:38 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzee123 View Post
1) I have a fairly long hairline crack along the back of my phone from the charging port to just above the bottom line of text. Apple has made it known that this is a hardware fault and have replaced phones with this issue. My problem is that I'm not under warranty. My phone is 2 years old and just dvelopped this crack about 4 months ago
Have you contacted Apple about this, to ask if they will fix it?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2012-07-23, 01:02 PM

I had battery issues and got an out of warranty phone swap at the Apple Store for ~$80.

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in