Samsung Galaxy S III (N. Am. Version) - Page 7 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

View Poll Results: Would/Will You Buy A Samsung Galaxy S III (N. Am. Version)?
Already pre-ordered one 9 20.93%
Gotta pre-order one ASAP 0 0%
Will wait for release and user experiences 17 39.53%
Can't afford one 2 4.65%
Not interested (please explain) 15 34.88%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #91 of 92 (permalink) Old 2012-12-23, 09:02 PM

Samsung replacing faulty Galaxy S III devices

http://bgr.com/2012/12/21/samsung-ga...ailure-262887/

Quote:
Samsung is reportedly quietly replacing faulty Galaxy S III devices according to many users on XDA Developers. The issue appears to be related to the NAND becoming corrupted and killing off the Galaxy S III’s mainboard, which causes the phone to essentially “brick” itself. Users have reported the issues have affected some devices after 150-200 days after purchase. Users on XDA Developers and Reddit are also saying Samsung is replacing affected smartphones (rooted or not) with new ones that could potentially be just as faulty in another 200 days.

Sony 60EX645 | Sonos S5 | PS3 | Wii | Apple TV2 | Xbox 360 | 52W3000 | Yamaha RX-V620 | Mirage Omnisat 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 92 (permalink) Old 2012-12-23, 11:16 PM
Veteran

So far it seems to mainly be affecting European models (with the Exynos CPU), although the North-American ones did come out later. I do know Samsung also had an issue with the Bell Galaxy S GT-i9000M, and at least in my case they did repair the unit even though I was using a custom rom before the NAND died.

That said, I don't like how BGR is trying to spin this in saying "new ones could be just as faulty" - sure, it's possible, but it's being a bit fair to Samsung and shows too much bias in my opinion.

Tags
android , galaxy , lte , samsung

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in