The new iPad is official, with Retina display and A5X CPU - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 81 (permalink) Old 2012-03-29, 08:26 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
But I can't agree with paying $70 for a cheap tablet, to decide the cream of the crop Ipad is better. A midrange tablet could be plenty good enough.
Possibly true. I went cheap because I was not sure I wanted a tablet at all.

This is getting badly off topic and will likely get removed if I reply further. If we want to talk about cheap tablet (such as the $69 and $49 7" tablets on sale yesterday), we should start a new discussion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old 2012-04-10, 10:09 PM

We got our first iPad at Christmas. Came with ios4 and I spent many hours playing around. Ios5 was a huge improvement. Screen was very good for what we needed, but I started to get ideas for business applications. Since I remote view screens and PC's of higher resolution, the iPad2 wasn't quite good enough. I've had the iPad 3rd gen for 2 weeks now and it does everything I expected and more. The difficult thing is to find the right apps for doing what you want to do. Once you do that it's an amazing device. I find side by side, the new iPad is better for fine text if it is in higher resolution to start with. High res digital photos appear brighter and clearer. If you use the Hdmi adapter, displays 1080p on your TV. However if I had an iPad2, it's not that much better that I'd upgrade. But that's just my opinion.
post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old 2012-04-11, 07:45 AM

My thoughts

I bought the first gen iPad 2 years ago and it's still running strong.

Last year I decided to enter the Android universe by buying an Asus Transformer 101. I liked the device well enough but really found that the Android apps I wanted to use paled in comparison to the fit/finish of their iOS counterparts.

This year when the 3rd gen iPad came out I decided to check it out and ended up getting one for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty happy with it. I do a lot of reading so the improved display is much easier on my eyes than both the TF and original iPad. It's also a lot nicer for remote viewing of my PC.

The only difficulty I had was finding a way to sideload content onto the device without syncing with iTunes. Once I discovered dropbox things became much simpler.

post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old 2012-04-15, 12:06 PM

I had an Asus 101 also and ended up selling it and bought a new iPad. Very happy with the iPad! It is my first one. I've owned several iPhones and two apple tvs. Very happy all around with the apple products.

Dropbox is a GREAT service. It makes my life so much easier. If you're running a windows PC you can actually just drag folders like "my Documents" or "My Music" to the root "Dropbox" folder and it will sync everything in it automatically but not affect any links to those folders. Hard to explain but it's a very easy way to automatically backup to "the cloud"!

46" Pan. Viera 1080p plasma, Rogers 8642, 2 x 4642 w/WHPVR,
XBOX 360 w/Kinect, Pan 6.1 amp, Blu-Ray, Velodyne 10" sub
post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old 2012-04-15, 04:38 PM
Veteran

Bought an iPad at at the end of March when I saw the price drop. Using an app called Splashtop, I no longer have to drag my laptop to meetings anymore. I can do everything from the iPad from running slides to connecting to vSphere virtual machines using the free app and even share with online meetings with the GoToMeeting app. Now I need the higher resolution to match our projector so I gave the iPad 2 to my wife and ordered the new iPad.

Never owned an iPad before, but I'm really enjoying it in the office.
post #81 of 81 (permalink) Old 2012-04-16, 02:30 PM

i bought the IPAD 3 after i traded my 1st gen ipad in at futureshop.. i was expecting a little more wow factor from the screen with all the hype it received. i do believe going from a IPAD 1 to a 3 is well worth it, but not sure about upgrading from an Ipad 2.
I also have a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. while i love the form factor.. it totally blows with apps compared to the IPad.. IMOA android will never offer real competition to Ipad until it figures out how to get decent tablet apps on there store.. maybe have a totally different stores just for tablets..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in