Asus Unveils First Quad-Core Tablet, Eee Pad Transformer Prime - Page 7 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #91 of 96 (permalink) Old 2015-04-24, 06:34 PM

Unfortunately for us ME180A owners, nobody is cooking a useable rom for it. Someone did manage to find a way to root it so you can uninstall certain apps but that's about it. Having done so, I had been able to make it go just a tad bit faster but now it seems like I was back to unbearable lag and crash.

Since I put this KatKiss on the Prime, it feels like a brand new tablet again. I just had one weird problem tonight but nothing serious I guess. Just wish the batter drain was not as big. Seems a bit too much compared to 4.4 that I had installed before.

That's the beauty of Xda. You know people will keep old hardware alive (including my good old HTC Incredible S) so I'm sure there will be a #23 version or more for Prime.

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 (permalink) Old 2015-04-25, 05:27 PM

see and I don't really have a ton of issues with my prime

I've mostly just not used it much as I've gotten a samsung tabpro which is handier

I definitely would like to prolong it's usefullness though
post #93 of 96 (permalink) Old 2015-04-26, 01:26 AM
Veteran

I finally got so fed up with my tablet that I disabled everything labelled ASUS or Google that I don't use. Couldn't uninstall most of it but disabling an app uninstalls any updates and keeps it from starting. There were well over a dozen, maybe 2 dozen, preinstalled apps that I never use. Miraculously, the tablet is now about twice as fast and stopped freezing up continuously. I hate manufacturers that install bloatware on their products.

post #94 of 96 (permalink) Old 2015-04-26, 05:31 PM

That's why I like the lite version rom of KatKiss. It is bare minimum as far as apps go. I added a few but right now, I have exactly 21 apps on the Prime. Really love my Prime again.

ASUS is a good company but when it comes to support for any of their products, they don't seem to care much. Maybe it's because their products are so damn reliable (most of the time.)

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #95 of 96 (permalink) Old 2015-04-26, 11:32 PM
Veteran

I spoke a little too soon about the lockups. It's still happening but much less frequently. I'd guess that some background process is doing something at a high priority that it should be doing at a low priority or when the CPU is idle. Don't know enough about Android internals to track it down.
post #96 of 96 (permalink) Old 2015-04-27, 04:36 PM

Well version number 23 is up. I flashed the Prime and it still has the speed. Battery is supposed to be better but so far, I haven't seen any improvement. Still enjoy the speed though!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in