iPad 2 ships March 11th (March 25th in Canada) - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 2011-03-12, 02:15 PM
Digital Sage

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 2011-03-12, 06:34 PM
Veteran

While I might not like their highly restrictive software, and putting aside the screw-up with the iPhone 4's antenna, Apple consistently designs and builds some pretty remarkable devices. The iPad 2's component layout alone is incredibly compact for a device with an almost 10 inch screen and a 10 hour running time.
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 2011-03-13, 11:13 AM
Veteran

1) The AT&T iPad2 should also work with Bell/Telus HSPA (you're not limited to Robbers)

2) I doubt there will be much of an issue with the Canadian iTunes store and activation. After all I have all of our iOS devices activated with both (as some apps aren't available in Can). Works fine except you need to put in the US iTunes password to download updates to those apps not available in Canada.

3) Speculation is that there might be some sort of minor incremental upgrade to make an iPad3 or maybe just 2.5 in the fall as they need to move this thing into a fall release schedule for Christmas sales. I guess swap places with the iPod event/releases.

4) I've also been using the iPad1 tethered to the iPhone 3GS via Bluetooth - works great!

5) Warranty of a US bought device in Canada should be a non-issue. I'm always doing it the other way around with Canadian bought Macs and iPods having no issue at all with support/warranty/even trades in the US stores.

post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 2011-03-13, 12:57 PM

I ordered mine on Friday at 1:30am from the Apple US online store and it was showing 3-5 days to ship (the package has since shipped and it's now in HK in transit). A few hours later it was showing 2-3 weeks to ship. Now it's 3-4 weeks. Wow, I am glad I did not wait until the morning and stayed up.

(I am having it shipped to a US based mail receiving business, in case you were wondering)
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 2011-03-14, 12:01 AM
Veteran

Piper Jaffray: iPad 2 totally sold out, 70% to new buyers

From http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/03/...to-new-buyers/

Quote:
Munster is sticking with his estimate of 400,000 to 500,000 iPad 2s sold, compared with 300,000 iPad 1s in its first weekend last year.

70% of iPad 2 buyers were new to the iPad, compared with 23% of iPhone 4 buyers who were new to the iPhone at launch.
I honestly thought the sales numbers would be lower than last year's and that upgrades would be about 40-50% of the purchases based upon the fact that the majority of people specifically wanting an iPad already had one.
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 2011-03-14, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

Wow. That's a lot of iPad 2's sold.

The numbers still amaze me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in