Straight up: Best monthly plan for unlocked iPhone 4? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-07-31, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Straight up: Best monthly plan for unlocked iPhone 4?

So, who has the best monthly no contract plan? I will not surf the net much, plan to use wifi, so a data plan is not really a need as of now. Just voice. SO who?

Telus?
Bell?
Virgin?
Rogers?
Fido?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-07-31, 12:45 PM

There is no "best" plan, everyone's needs are different. I have no idea how many minutes or texts you'll be needing, so look on their websites and compare them yourself.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-07-31, 02:16 PM

How much "voice" will you need? Why not go the pre-paid route? Each of the providers don't really want you on a monthly basis (based on their offerings).

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-01, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Here are my needs:

I am not a teenager, so I do not text. Maybe 10 texts a month if that. I have not owned a cell phone and I think texting is stupid! If you have a phone, why text? Why not just call the person!

I do not like to talk on the phone either. Call me, tell me what I need to know, hang up. DONE! I am not one of these people that talks on the phone while shopping or crap like that. I am not one of these oblivions walking around with their heads down fooling 'round with their phone. Cant they do that stuff at home? WTF? I hate people like that! I intentional bump into them to give em some grief!

Can you go pre paid with the iPhone 4?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-01, 08:28 AM
Veteran

It seems to me that you don't need a cell phone at all. You really didn't say anything about your needs - only what you don't want to do with it.

Why do you want an iPhone? Sounds like you don't want to surf the web away from home, you don't want any messaging services. And, you don't even like to talk on the phone.

I would just get a regular cell phone, not an iPhone. Get the cheapest voice plan you can find and see if you even use it.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-01, 08:33 AM

Fido has a $15 per month voice plan .

Guess one could get it without data?
Would have to turn cell data off in the phone so you don't get unexpected data charges.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-01, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

I am an MAC EVANGELIST! If I purchase a product and APPLE is one of the choices, I will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS purchase APPLE without a blink! When it comes to cell phones, either its iPhone 4 or nothing and I do not care about the cost! ITS APPLE DAMNIT! BEEN a mac addict since the original iMac came out in 1998!

I always said if I can get an unlocked iPhone somehow in the future, I would buy an iPhone. Now that day has arrived.

SO give me APPLE or give me death! Yes, I was there Friday morning as APPLE unveiled the iPhone 4 to the masses. I even made a video of that momentous event! I LOVE APPLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spNK5nksnhI

I played with the iPhone @ BB. It would be handy to have one. When I go to the San Diego Comic Con with 40 other geeks, it would be nice to be able to text everyone throughout the day as to the goings on. The games and apps are fun! PLUS I have a 2010 FORD FUSION Sport w/sync, so it would be a REAL SHAME not to use those cell phones features on my car!

AS FOR PLANS, I THINK I WILL START WITH ONE OF THOSE $50 A MONTH PLANS, THEN in the cold winter months, go to a $15 a month plan. I cant see using the phone that much when it gets cold. In the spring, switch back to the $50 a month plan.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-01, 09:00 PM

Deathlok - you DO know that Sync is a microsoft product, right? LOL
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-01, 10:28 PM
Veteran

Deathlok, since money is obviously not an issue for you, and you want to promote Apple products so much, how about buying each of us an unlocked iPhone 4 too. Spread the joy.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-02, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I KNOW sync is a Microsoft product. FORD approached APPLE to develop something like that and APPLE was not interested.

Microsoft makes good hardware, their software suks. I have used their intelli mice for years.

About getting everyone an unlocked iPhone 4, ....

I will get right on that!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-02, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Microsoft makes good hardware, their software suks.
Microsoft made the software for Sync ... hardware is made by Continental.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-04, 05:53 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok2001 View Post
I think texting is stupid! If you have a phone, why text? Why not just call the person!
It's only stupid in North America because at least in Asia, texting is so cheap, it's better to text someone with a one-liner rather than call just to tell them (say) that you're on your way.

Actually, considering you mentioned that your conversation is to get info and hang up, then text should be your friend, not voice calling.

THX, ISF, Control4 Certified Professional; CEDIA Certified Instructor; CEDIA Certified Designer
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-04, 06:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusX View Post
Microsoft made the software for Sync ... hardware is made by Continental.
I suspect a "2010 FORD FUSION Sport for sale" classified is coming up!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 2010-08-04, 09:58 PM
Veteran

Just like Apple has the majority share of portable digital music players, they also have the largest number of automobile makers including integration. The new iPod Out specification should take that to the next level, and make Sync forgettable in a hurry.

I rent BMWs often in Europe, so I'm looking forward to trying this out soon. My next purchase may well be heavily driven by this technology!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in